24th January 2019, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear in JEE Advance for a candidate with 57% in Intermediate?

Hi friends, I have passed my Intermediate recently with 57% of marks. Can I qualify in JEE Advance and can I secure my seat if there is any possible how it can be possible? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

30th January 2019, 10:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in JEE Advance for a candidate with 57% in Intermediate?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is now conducted by National Testing Agency. It has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Candidate must have minimum of 75% marks in board examination of 12th or in top 20 percentile of respective board. For SC/ST candidates, it is 65% marks.

It is not possible for a candidate with 57% marks in intermediate to appear for JEE exam and then for JEE Advance.
31st January 2019, 07:58 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to appear in JEE Advance for a candidate with 57% in Intermediate?

The acronym JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

Examination conducting body: National Testing Agency. There is JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

Academic qualification: 12th passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject and minimum of 75% marks in 12th.

You can not apply for JEE Main or Advance exam with 57% marks in intermediate.
31st January 2019, 12:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. JEE Advanced is the second stage of JEE. First, you need to appear for JEE Main and qualify with good score to become eligible for this exam.

2. The minimum percentage of marks required in 12th to apply for JEE Main exam is 75%. It is 65% for SC/ST candidates.

You can not apply for JEE exam with 57% marks.
31st January 2019, 03:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To appear in JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Advanced which is the stage second of two staged JEE, the minimum education required is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 75% marks (or 65% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category) from a recognised board. However, students failing to secure above specified marks in their Class 12th but still making to the top 20 percentile candidates of their Class 12th qualifying board examination are also eligible.

Also, you are required to have qualied JEE Main i.e; stage one of JEE.

So, having completed your intermediate degree course with 57% marks, you will be eligible for JEE Advanced only if you satisfy the percentile criteria mentioned above and have managed to qualify JEE Main too.

For more details regarding JEE Advanced,you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in
31st January 2019, 10:00 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Advance after 57% in Intermediate.

=> The minimum percentage required in 12th class for JEE Advance is 75 % for open category and 65% for reserved category candidate.

=> Also, the candidate can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?