24th January 2019, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear in NIMCET for a candidate with 58% in Graduation?

Sir, I don't have 60% at 12th standard but I have got 58% in Graduation. I have completed my Graduation with Mathematics as one of the subjects. So please tell me can I appear for NIMCET? Is it possible for me or not?

31st January 2019, 12:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in NIMCET for a candidate with 58% in Graduation?

The eligibility criteria for NIMCET examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in science, engineering, technology, IT etc from a recognized institute.

2. Minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA is required for this exam.

You can not apply with 58% marks in bachelor's degree.
31st January 2019, 02:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in NIMCET for a candidate with 58% in Graduation?

The minimum education required to apply for NIMCET is a B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/ BCA/ BIT/ B.E/ B.Tech of minimum three years full-time with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) from a recognised university. The minimum marks requirement in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST is 55%.

So, having completed your graduation degree course with 58% marks, you are eligible to apply for NIMCET only if you are a SC/ST candidate.
31st January 2019, 03:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To appear for NIMCET the required minimum qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with mathematics as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 60% aggregate in bachelor degree.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination. NIMCET is conducted for admission in MCA course in NITs.
31st January 2019, 05:06 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

NIMCET is NIT MCA Common Entrance Test for admission in NIT in MCA course.

The entrance examination is conducted for admission in the course. The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination is 60% in bachelor degree.

So, if you have scored less than 60% in bachelor degree then you are not eligible to appear for the examination.
31st January 2019, 07:01 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates with 58% in bachelor degree are not eligible to appear for NIMCET.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination. The minimum required aggregate is 60% and must have mathematics as one subject in bachelor degree.

There is relaxation in aggregate for SC/ST candidate to appear in the examination.

So, if you belong to reserved category then you are eligible to appear in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?