19th May 2016, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change stream to study in B.Tech for Diploma Computer student? Admission procedure and fee expenses for SC candidate?

Hello Sir,
I want to know the procedure to take admission in B.Tech after completing Diploma in Computer Engineering. Can I change my stream in B.Tech? Please tell me the fee expenses for the student who belongs to SC category?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PG Diploma in Landscape Architecture after completion of D.Arch? List of colleges with admission procedure and fee expenses?
  2. Admission procedure and fee expenses to study Diploma in Marine Engineering in Kerala?
  3. Admission procedure and fee expenses to study distance Diploma in Chemical engineering at KSOU?
  4. Is it beneficial to study PG Diploma in Computer Financial Accounting for B.Com(H) student? List of institutes with fee expenses in Delhi?
  5. Can I get admission to study Ayurvedic/Homeopathy/General Medicine Diploma course if secured 86% in 12th Science? List of institutes with fee expenses in Kannur?
  6. Is there any entrance exam available to study PG Diploma in Clinical Research? Admission procedure and total fee expenses?
  7. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. From Diploma EC to Degree Computer/IT is possible? Details about the new rule at GTU regarding change of stream?
  9. Detailed procedure and fee expenses to study MBBS in Russia, Singapore or Australia?
  10. Can I get admission to study PhD in IT/Computer Engineering in Mumbai University being MCA postgraduate? Procedure, eligibility to apply and fee expenses?
  11. Admission procedure and subjects enlisted to study LLM in GLC, Mumbai? Total fee expenses and seat availability?
  12. List of colleges offering Diploma in Education in Southern Mumbai? Admission procedure, course duration and fee expenses?
  13. Admission procedure, fee expenses and scholarships available to study PhD in Germany/UK for M.Sc(Biotechnology) candidate?
  14. List of colleges which offer PhD in Nursing to M.Sc candidate in Gujarat? Admission procedure, eligibility criteria and total fee expenses to study PhD in Nursing?
  15. Can I get admission to study AMIE after completing Mechanical Diploma? Detailed information, list of colleges and fee expenses of AMIE course?
  16. Can I contact directly to university for admission in M.Sc(Biotechnology) in Abroad? Procedure to apply and fee expenses?
  17. Total fee expenses to study Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to study PGD in ENT being a BDS final year student? Admission procedure and fee expenses?
21st May 2016, 12:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change stream to study in B.Tech for Diploma Computer student? Admission procedure and fee expenses for SC candidate?

No, it is not possible to change to another stream for pursuing B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma course in a particular stream. You need to opt the same stream for pursuing B.Tech course. You can get lateral entry admission in second year of four years B.Tech course. You must have to appear in Lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc.,. to get admission in B.Tech course.

The fee expenses for all category candidates is same, it depends on the college, you wish to pursue B.Tech course. Generally, the fee expenses of B.Tech course ranges from Rs.35,000/- to Rs.2,00,000/- per year.
22nd May 2016, 12:10 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to change stream to study in B.Tech for Diploma Computer student? Admission procedure and fee expenses for SC candidate?

You are interested to take admission in B.Tech course after completion of Diploma course in Computer Engineering discipline. Yes, definitely you can take admission in B.Tech course.

>>You can take admission in B.Tech course through Lateral Entry scheme in which you can directly take admission in B.E course directly in second year. There are some colleges in India which runs this Lateral Entry scheme. You have to fill their application form and take the entrance test and undergo the admission process for getting admission.

Following are the list of colleges which runs B.E/B.Tech (Lateral Entry) course:

--IPU Delhi

--IIIT Hyderabad

--VIT Vellore

--SRM Chennai

--MIT Pune

--Sharda University

>>But the thing is that you have to take admission in Computer Science discipline. You cannot change your discipline. The total fee expense is same as for general candidate there are no privileges given to SC candidates in this regarding. The fee expenses vary from college to college. If you study in private college then the fee will be around 80 to 90 thousand while 40-50 thousand in government colleges.
22nd May 2016, 02:38 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No dear, I am sorry to say that you cannot change the stream in B.tech if getting admission via lateral entry scheme. You will have to continue in the same stream in which you had completed your Diploma in. Therefore, you cannot change stream.

As per the admission procedure is concerned , you will have to appear for LEET entrance examination and score good in it in order to be eligible to apply for the course in any good college. Fee structure however varies from institutes to institutes. However, a minimum of 60k to 70k is the estimate per year for B.tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?