16th April 2016, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering?

Hello!
Friends..
I have done b.tech. in mechanical engg
I want do b.tech. again but in civil engg. Because of my business requirement.
Is it possible?
If any one relates with the same or knows about this, please help me.
If there is any rules and regulations regarding this, please post the link here.
I'll be very thankful.

Related Questions:
  1. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  2. What are the various branches in B.tech courses?
  3. Which course is better to take after completion ofdiploma in civil engineering
  4. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  5. Fee structure and courses offered in B.Tech for a student from other state? What is the mode of the exam?
  6. How to do M.Sc in Physics in Distance Learning through IGNOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  8. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering?
  9. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  10. Is it possible to do MS in Acturial Sciences after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Can i do MSc in Physics through IGNOU distance?
  12. What's the eligility criteria for STET? I've completed my B.Com(H) with 62% marks, currently preparing for M.Com and I'm not from a Bengali background
  13. Can I study B.Tech in Environmental Engineering if completed undergraduate in Civil Engineering? -- [New]
  14. What should I do after scoring 70% aggregate in Civil engineering
  15. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  16. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  17. Which is the most demanding engineering branch nowadays? I have completed M.A B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  18. How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam?
16th April 2016, 08:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering?

Yes, it is possible but you need to appear for engineering entrance exam again. Just make sure you fulfill the age criteria because most of them have an upper age limit for B.Tech entrance exam.

If you can perform well in the entrance exam then surely you will get admission in your choice of stream. If it will benefit you professionally then you can definitely go for it.
16th April 2016, 09:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering?

Yes, you can do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of your B.Tech Mechanical Engineering. You can get admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering on the basis of your 12th standard and through engineering entrance examination or management quota seats. You can also study B.Tech Civil Engineering course through correspondence mode by doing your business.
16th April 2016, 10:42 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much opt for B.tech in Civil Engineering after completion of your B.Tech in Mechanical but I am afraid to say that you might not be able to pursue your course in regular mode but via distance education as there will be a good year between your 12th and till now.

However, if you are lucky enough, you might get admission in regular mode education in any college and University. So, if you wish you can opt for it.
17th April 2016, 08:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello!
Friends..
I have done b.tech. in mechanical engg
I want do b.tech. again but in civil engg. Because of my business requirement.
Is it possible?
If any one relates with the same or knows about this, please help me.
If there is any rules and regulations regarding this, please post the link here.
I'll be very thankful.
Yes, after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, you can do B.Tech in Civil Engineering.

Because you can get admission through 12th standard basis.

Your age should be below 26 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?