13th March 2016, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in B.Tech with 59% in 12th Board?

Hello Everyone,
Is it necessary or hard and fast rule to get 60% marks in 12th Board exams to take admission in B.Tech course? If someone is getting 59% then is he not eligible for doing B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an engineer after passing 12th with CBSE board?
  2. What should I choose among Private CBSE Board and UP Board if failed in 12th CBSE? Is it a barrier to get admission in B.Tech?
  3. How can I take admission in B.Tech in civil engineering? I have scored 75% in 12th from ISC board
  4. How to take admission in 12th from MP board?
  5. Can I register for 12th Board exam if completed 11th about 2 years ago?
  6. Is it possible for getting admission in another CBSE school in same city after passing 11th standard? -- [New]
  7. Documents required for admission in 12th NIOS for WBCHSE Board passed candidate?
  8. Colleges which offers admission in B.Sc for a candidate who has secured 63% in 12th Bihar Board exam?
  9. How much percentage is needed to get in B.Tech? What are the other requirements? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it possible to reappear in 12th with CBSE/MP Board if secured less marks in UP Board and migrated to MP?
  11. Can I rejoin if failed in 12th HSEB Board exam?
  12. How to take admission for Aeronautical Engineering after passing 12th from Maharashtra Board?
  13. Direct admission in 12th class after 10th from ICSE board?
  14. Can I get admission in BITS if scored 95% in 12th board examinations?
  15. How to get admission in B.Com after completing 12th board with 70%
  16. Is it possible for me to get the scholarship for doing B.Tech course if I have scored 75% marks in 12th from UP board?
  17. Am I eligible for admission in B.C.A. with N.I.O.S 12th mark sheet in Delhi?
  18. How may I get direct admission in B.Tech program after passing 12th with 81% marks in CBSE board?
16th March 2016, 07:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in B.Tech with 59% in 12th Board?

Admission in B.Tech will be based on the performance in entrance exam. If you are aiming for IITs then your marks in class 12th are very crucial and also marks in JEE Main and Advanced.

Rest of the engineering colleges in India give admission based on performance in JEE Main. Hence, if you can perform well in entrance exam then your marks will not matter.
16th March 2016, 09:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in Abroad after completion of your 12th standard with an aggregate of 59% marks from a recognised board. To get admission in B.Tech course in Abroad Universities, you must have to appear in SAT and TOEFL/IELTS examinations. SAT score is the basic requirement that one need to have while applying for admission to B.Tech course in US universities whereas TOEFL/IELTS examinations helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency skills. By reporting your examinations scores, you can apply for admission to B.Tech course in Abroad Universities.
16th March 2016, 09:44 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, there is no hard and fast rule as such, it is just good to score better in your board examinations to get into good college after clearing your entrance test. You should however aim at scoring well in your JEE(Main) examination in order to get into good college.
16th March 2016, 09:47 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is very much possible for you to get admission in B.Tech course after having scored 59% in your +2 level of education. Scoring good marks in your +2 level only helps you to get a good college to pursue the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?