23rd April 2020, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue BSc(Botany) Honours for a 12th NIOS candidate?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have done my 12th with NIOS Board. I want to join BSc Honours in Botany course. Is it possible for me to study regular BSc Honours course? Please help me to know about this asap.

27th April 2020, 09:54 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue BSc(Botany) Honours for a 12th NIOS candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I have done my 12th with NIOS Board. I want to join BSc Honours in Botany course. Is it possible for me to study regular BSc Honours course? Please help me to know about this asap.
Yes, the NIOS certificate is valid and recognized.

Applicants who have received a certificate from the NIOS Board are eligible and accepted by the Government of India. The certificate shall be accepted and shall be similar to the various national and state boards of education.

So, being a 12th NIOS candidate your eligible to apply for B.Sc in Botnay Hons course from any recognized university as you like. Please refer the eligibility criteria required for B.Sc in Botany Hons.

Eligibility Criteria:

Applicant must have completed 12th in Science stream from a recognized university with at least 50 per cent marks and 45 per cent for reserved category applicants.

The age limit will be between 17 and 25 years, whereas the relaxation is given for the specified categories in the upper age limit as per the law.
27th April 2020, 07:09 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue BSc(Botany) Honours for a 12th NIOS candidate?

--Yes,after competing of 12th in science stream with NIOS board is also elgiible to join the course of B.sc in Botany.

---As per the latest Information, NIOS board Is under recognized board and fully acceptable in any university or college for completing further studies.
27th April 2020, 09:42 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Yes, it is definitely possible to pursue B.Sc. (Hons.) in Botany degree course even having completed your Class 12th from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) provided you have pursued Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects during your Class 12th.
18th July 2021, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

DO any bsc graduate will get course relaxation .like 2 year less then other students as he is graduate already .or he /she has to study full time 5 years program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?