20th June 2017, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to pursue BA in mass communication

I知 Vinayka Sharma a student of class 10th and soon to be in class 11 this March. I want to become a news anchor or journalist. I have full support from my family. I知 intelligent in studies I want to take arts BCS, I think this is best option for me BCS, if I will take science commerce then I have to study and everything will be changed. I want to do BA in mass communication.

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a Journalist after B.Com? Which extra subjects should I study for it?
  2. Can I pursue special honours in journalism and mass communication in Calcutta university after graduation?
  3. Can I pursue Mass Communication after completing BA Honors? What is the fee structure for Mass Communication?
  4. Can I pursue Mass Communication after completing class 12th Science stream?
  5. Can i make career in Mass Communication after studying 12th with humanities?
  6. Is Jounalism a good job profile for females after studying B.Com?
  7. How a Mechanical engineer can enter into Journalism field?
  8. Procedure and eligibility to study Master's in Mass Communication in Delhi University for a candidate who has secured 63% in B.Com?
  9. Is it beneficial to study B.Com with Mass Communication if secured 81% in 12th?
  10. Is it necessary to pursue B.A in Mass Communication after 12th to do BJMC and MJMC?
  11. Can I pursue MA in Mass communication after completing BA? Other courses available after BA
  12. Procedure to pursue BA in mass communication -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible to pursue masters in mass communication after completion of degree in English honors?
  14. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  15. Is it good to pursue mass communication after completion of engineering graduation course?
  16. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Mass Communication for Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication candidate?
  18. Which course should I do after B.Com. for a career in the field of Mass Communication?
21st June 2017, 03:45 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to pursue BA in mass communication

You can take arts, there is nothing wrong in it. After completion of your 12th standard from a recognized board, you can get admission in any good college for B.A.(Mass communication) course and continue with your studies further.

You should only get admission in that course and follow the career path you are interested in and should never follow the crowd. Moreover, you have your family
support, so go ahead with it and get admission in B.A.(Mass Comm) after your HS.

You will have to fill up the application form within the stipulated time provided by the college/university and should wait for the admission list to be declared. Application forms can be availed from the institute or via online official website as well.
21st June 2017, 02:49 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to pursue BA in Mass Communication

Eligibility Criteria:-

The candidate must have passed 12th in any steam. But it is necessary to have qualify better communication skills.

So, after 12th you have to qualify in entrance examination to get admission and also have to also face the interview stage.

In some institutes candidates only require to qualify in interview as selection is on the basis of
merit score.
21st June 2017, 04:09 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Those candidates who want to pursue BA in mass communication must have completed his/her 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized board of education with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Some colleges invite admission on merit list, whereas some colleges invite admission through their entrance examination. So prepare yourself well in order to get admission in one of the reputed and renowned colleges of India.
21st June 2017, 04:20 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Mass communication is a process of spreading information through mass media to a large and diverse audience.
BA in Mass Communication is a 3 years long undergraduate degree program.
The candidates who have passed 10+2 with any stream (Science/Commerce/Arts) with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board are eligible for the above mentioned mass communication course.
Most of the institutes offer direct admission to the candidates for the above said course on the basis of the marks scored by them in board examination, whereas some institutes have their own entrance test, for screening candidates.
22nd June 2017, 12:49 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I知 Vinayka Sharma a student of class 10th and soon to be in class 11 this March. I want to become a news anchor or journalist. I have full support from my family. I知 intelligent in studies I want to take arts BCS, I think this is best option for me BCS, if I will take science commerce then I have to study and everything will be changed. I want to do BA in mass communication.
Those who interested to pursue for BA in Mass Communication must complete 10+2 in any stream- from a recognized board is the minimum qualification required to pursue for BA in Mass Communication course. Most of the institutes fixed a minimum marks criteria at least 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 level. Most of the Institutions allot direct admission based on the marks scored in the 12th standard.
22nd June 2017, 05:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Candidates after completion of 10+2 in any stream can apply for taking admission to BA Mass Communication. Admission to the course in some colleges is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination conducted by the institution. The course is useful for those who want to pursue their career in newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, electronic media etc. Duration of the BA mass communication course is three years. Candidates can apply online or offline as per the requirement for taking admission to the BA mass communication course. BA mass communication course is available in various colleges in India.
23rd June 2017, 02:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to pursue BA in Mass Communication Course:

There is a certain procedure to be followed in order to pursue BA in Mass Communication Course. Several colleges offer this BA in Mass Communication course in India. You are required to appear in entrance examination that is conducted by concerned college.

>> Christ University
https://christuniversity.in/

>> Lady Shri Ram College for Women
http://lsr.edu.in/

>> Madras Christian College
https://www.mcc.edu.in/

>> KC College of Arts, Science and Commerce
http://www.kccollege.edu.in/

>> Amity School of Communications
http://www.amity.edu/asco/

>> SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce
http://www.siesascs.edu.in/
23rd June 2017, 05:53 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is no course called BA in Mass Communication.

If you want to pursue your career as a journalist and want to do a course related to that, then the course most suitable for you will be BJMC which stands for Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.

There are many universities around the country which offer the said course. You need to perform well in 12th and take up the course.
28th June 2017, 02:17 PM
yamram

Hi
After your 12th standard if you have cleared pass with 50% marks then you can enroll yourself into B.A (Journalism and Mass Communication) (3 years), B.Sc (Film and TV Production)(3 years), or you can also opt for B.Design (Film and TV Production) which total of 4 years.
You must make sure that you are enrolling yourself in a premium university that provides you access to ample growth opportunities. There are few renown institutions like Bahra university, Lovely Professional University, Symbiosis university that offers excellent learning atmosphere to its students. They provide with excellent opportunity that would help the students to grow intellectually and holistically.
2nd July 2017, 11:22 AM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
After 12,you can take Admission in BA mass communication,BTECH Mass communication,etc.
Some Government colleges take their seats by Merit basis and some institute takes Entrance exams
4th July 2017, 12:52 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing BA(Mass communication) is qualifying 12th or equivalent program with recognized university of country in any stream.
Mass communication is a under graduate course of journalism . Mass communication covers the constituent of mass media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, televisions etc which is used to convey information to audience. The duration of this course is 3 years.
Top colleges for take admission in Mass communication-
>Jawahar Bharti College,Nellore.
>Patna University, Patna
>Arya post Graduate college, panipat
>Karim City college, Jamshedour.
After getting a degree in mass communication you will become Reporter, Radio jockey, journalism, Film director etc.
you will get job in academic institute, journals, AIR, newspapers, TV channels, Advertising agencies etc.
today is a huge demand for mass communication as news channels are increasing continuously.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?