7th March 2014, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Qualification required for BSW?

Can someone tell me the qualification for bsw? Actually after my after 12 with maths i am looking to do bsw course.

10th May 2014, 10:32 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Qualification required for BSW?

Bachelor of social work is a good course and now a days there are many scopes of this course and if you want to join this course then you have to do it. If you have interest in it then it is best for your career. And you should go for it. It is good feeling to do social work. There are very few people who want to do social work. So, it is best if you want to do this course.

Qualification for this course:
You need 12th in any disciple from a recognized university.
Student should have background in social science, Social psychology,Sociology and any other related to this field.
Some institutes conduct the entrance exam for the admission and after that interview.

Duration of the course: 3 years

Subjects in this field which you have to read after getting admission:

Introduction to social work
Problems of the society
Social work administration
Social case work
Social work and statistics

So, if you want to do BSW then you have to take admission in good and reputed college.
21st March 2015, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/Madam, I am himanshi i am pursuing BA Pass from Janki Devi Memorial college , DU I want to know that can i do ma in psychology after graduation or you suggest some courses bcoz i am confused i have fcw, political science, english and hindi please suggest me some courses
5th May 2015, 03:35 PM
sanju0770

If your dream is to work for any NGO or some social organization like WHO, Sofosh, WWF, UNO then you should opt for a course known as BSW.

BSW stands for Bachelors degree in social work. This is a nice course and India has seen a steep increase in demand of this course recently. This degree course is of 03 years duration and there are many Indian Universities where this course is available.
13th December 2015, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

I would like to do BSW, After this degree if i get any job in kerala, or i want to study more?
28th December 2015, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Can someone tell me that if I graduated from bsw after I graduated from msw.This msw graduation Is it best for IAS?
18th May 2017, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I just qualified 12 and like to do bsw I have experience in social work before do I get a seat anywhere
19th September 2017, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th sci student am i able to do BSW if yes which is top college in Maharashtra for it and what is its merit list?
21st September 2017, 02:05 PM
sapphire1

BSW or Bachelor in social work is an undergraduate course of 3 years. The minimum duration of this course is 3 years and maximum duration is 6 years. It is available as a full-time course, distance education and through correspondence. IGNOU provides this facility to do this course as distance education or correspondence.

Eligibility criteria for BSW:

12th or its equivalent recognized school board.
Students with social work, psychology, sociology and social science will get preference.
Some institute conducts entrance exam for admission.

This course has 3 main components:

Foundation courses
Elective courses
Field Work
24th March 2020, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Hello, Sir/Ma'am, I am a 12th grader with PCB subjects without maths. I like to go for BSW degree after 12th. I would like to know if maths is a necessary subject for a degree in social work.
Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?