29th July 2019, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Scope of studying Chemical Engineering over Civil Engineering in BTech?

Hi, I am a student of 12th standard, studying with Science stream. I want to do BPharm in Chemical Engineering instead of Civil Engineering. But my parents are telling me to do Civil Engineering. I just want to know about the scope of Chemical Engineering over Civil Engineering in BTech course. Please tell me immediately.

3rd August 2019, 01:39 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying Chemical Engineering over Civil Engineering in BTech?

Scopes are available for both Chemical Engineering and Civil Engineering graduates. Both courses are 4 years long and you will have to deal with separate sets of theoretical subjects as well as practical sessions. Job opportunities are available for both Civil Engineering graduates and Chemical Engineering graduates in Government as well as Private sectors.

If you pursue B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering you can join firms like ONGC, BPCL, DRDO, Indian Oil Corporation, State owned Fertilizer manufacturing units, Food and Drug Department etc.

If you pursue B.Tech. in Civil Engineering you can join ONGC, BHEL, IOC, PWD, Electricity boards, Town Planning department, NHAI, Armed Forces, Indian Railways, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?