15th August 2016, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Is there any age limit for BCA course?

Sir, actually I have completed Graduation in Arts with minimum marks in the year 2004. I am interested to do BCA but I think my age is not suitable for it. Is it possible?

15th August 2016, 04:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age limit for BCA course?

BCA Stands For Bachelor of Computer:-

Applicationand the duration of the course is for 3 years. The divided into 6th semester.

The minimum educational qualification required for BCA course is needed for 12th standard but your 12th standard marks must be above 45%.

But your12th standard course must contain maths or stat or Computer Application subjects.

There is no age criteria. So any body can apply for BCA course but your minimum age should be 17 years old.
15th August 2016, 05:10 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor in Computer Application. The most important thing you need to keep in mind in order to pursue BCA is that, you should have maths as one of your subjects in class 12 with at least minimum 55% to 60% marks in aggregate.

Mathematics is a compulsory subject in your 12th if you wish to pursue BCA. You have to pass in all the subjects that you attempt in your boards. Stream is not a factor for this course, neither it has any age limit nor attempt limit.
15th August 2016, 05:25 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that BCA is also a bachelor degree but it is a technical degree. There is no age limit to pursue education that is why you are eligible to pursue BCA in this age also.
15th August 2016, 05:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is maximum age limit to pursue BCA course in some colleges. The maximum age limit to be eligible to pursue BCA course is 25 years. But, some universities like IGNOU has not specified any maximum age limit to apply for admission to BCA course. So, you can pursue BCA course from such type of colleges where there is no maximum age limit.
15th August 2016, 06:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

BCA stnads for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year vocational course from recognised university.

There is no age limit for studying, so if you are interested in pursuing you can.

There is no age limit to pursue course. The general eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 10+2 with mathematics as main paper but some of institutions offers admission to candidates of any stream.

So, you are eligible to get admission in course after qualifying in entrance examination conducted by respective institution.
15th August 2016, 07:08 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

BCA stands for Bachelors in Computer Application. For this course you must have completed Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent with 50%. The minimum age of applicant should be 17 years. As per my knowledge there is no age criteria so any body can apply for BCA course in any time.
15th August 2016, 07:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. The general eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Computer Application is:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from any recognized board of India. Most of the institutes that offer BCA course take admission of science stream candidates who have studied mathematics in 10+2.

>>The minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 is 50%.

>>There is no upper age limit for this course.

If you meet all these three criteria mentioned above, you can pursue this course.
15th August 2016, 07:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for BCA Course:

Yes, there is an age criteria for doing BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course. Here is the minimum educational qualification required and age criteria required for doing BCA course.

>> Candidates must have passed 12th Class from a recognized university in order to be eligible.

>> The maximum age must not exceed 22 years and some of the colleges offer candidates whose maximum age is 24 years.

>> As far as my knowledge is concerned you are not eligible to do regular course. If you are really interested then I would suggest you to go with distance BCA course as there are not certain criteria to be eligible.
16th August 2016, 08:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, actually I have completed Graduation in Arts with minimum marks in the year 2004. I am interested to do BCA but I think my age is not suitable for it. Is it possible?
No, there are no age criteria for BCA course but your minimum age should be above 17 years.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.
26th August 2016, 01:19 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

No, there is no age limit for BCA course. But you must have these criteria as stated below.

BCA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

> You should have at least 50% to 60% marks in your 12th standard. It depends in the university/colleges.

> you must have math as a subject and you should score at least 60% marks in math.
29th August 2016, 11:03 PM
ashishkumarcs
Junior Member+

No, there is no age limit fixed for BCA course by UGC. Usually there is no any age criteria fixed for most Bachelor degree program.

But there are some other requirements to get admission in the BCA course:
  1. Must have completed 12th with minimum 50% marks.
  2. Basic knowledge of Computer is required.
  3. Many universities/college only accepts the students who have mathematic in class 12th.

So, any one who has fulfill these criteria can apply in BCA, no age limit is fix.
31st August 2016, 10:11 PM
adityasingh89

In many colleges the age critaria is candidates must be below 21 years of age as on 01-07-2011. The age limit may be relaxed by upto 3 years for SC/ST, BC, MBC and Women candidates.
In many other colleges, there is no any age criteria.
In open schooling colleges like, Sikkim-Manipal University, IGNOU etc, these colleges provide courses without much criteria rewuired. Give it a try.
12th September 2016, 12:13 PM
saikat_samudra
Member+

Candidate who have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with the 50% of marks are eligible for BCA Course. But maximum age limit for admission is 21 years(24 years for SC/ST, and 21 years for Girls, Bachelor of Computer Application is an 3 year program,

Some BCA college in India :
Christ University

DAV College

Presidency College

Techno India

etc
9th December 2021, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

sai college can i do BCA what is its age criteria
9th December 2021, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

what is the maximum age to do BCA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?