29th September 2022, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

There is no engineering subjects in NET exam then how to join as an Assistant professor in Engineering college?

I completed my masters in VLSI Design.. I want to get a job in government engineering college.. What is the exam to write for that? There is no engineering subject given in NET.

30th September 2022, 02:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: There is no engineering subjects in NET exam then how to join as an Assistant professor in Engineering college?

In case of becoming a lecturer/assistant professor in engineering college there is no need to qualifying NET (National Eligibility Test) as the selection is based on holding the essential qualification required for the post followed by performance in recruitment examination and/or interview.

Also, if you are interested in writing NET then you can write the NET in Electronic Science paper having completed your Master's in VLSI design.
30th September 2022, 04:50 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: There is no engineering subjects in NET exam then how to join as an Assistant professor in Engineering college?

To become a lecturer in government Engineering college, you can do M.Tech. After M. Tech you can join as an assistant professor in any government college. Then you have to clear your NET exam conducted jointly by CSIR and UGC for qualifying the postgraduates for lecturership.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?