19th November 2016, 12:16 PM
ashok aash

What is Civil Law? What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing Civil Law?

Respected Sir, I want to know what is Civil Law? What is the course all about? What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing Civil Law? How can I get admission in colleges offering Civil LAW? Please tell me about the subjects also.

29th November 2016, 08:58 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is Civil Law? What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing Civil Law?

Civil Law is a branch of Law. The other Branch is the Criminal Law.

The cases in which only a monetary punishment can be given come under the ambit of the Civil Law and a Civil Court hears them.

The when you take the admission in LLB, you need to study the General Law which includes both, Civil as well as Criminal Law.

When you pass the LLB and go for the specialization depending on your interest, you need to choose one of them.

So, you need to be a graduate in Law for studying the Civil Law.

That is the only eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?