6th February 2016, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

What should I do if I want to setup my career in Indian Army after completion of graduation course?

Hello......

This Is Chandni BAlwani From Pimpri. I am Doing BSC (Computer Science). Now I Am Just Send To Second Year Of My Graduation With 86.00%.. I Am In Fergusson College.I Wanted TO Go In Indian Navy... So do I Appear For CDS Exam After My Graduation???????? Please Let Me Know...

7th February 2016, 02:07 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if I want to setup my career in Indian Army after completion of graduation course?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS examination after completion of the graduation degree to join the defence service.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recogniced university.

Candidate must have Physics and Mathematics as main paper in graduation for Indian Navy and Air Force.

Candidate's age must be between 19-22 years for Indian Navy.

So, if you have Physics and Mathematics as main paper in graduation, you are eligible to join Indian Navy. The examination is conducted in two stages and it is necessary to qualify in both stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th February 2016, 03:01 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do if I want to setup my career in Indian Army after completion of graduation course?

After completing your graduation you will be eligible to appear for CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Air Force, Navy, Army and OTA. The age limit vary for different wings.

To join Indian Navy the age limit is 19-22 years with B.Tech/B.E or Physics and Mathematics as main paper from any recognised university.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination for the selection. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. Candidates after qualifying in written examination are eligible for SSB.

To get more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
7th February 2016, 05:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. The entrance examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS examination:

>>For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy, bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>>For Naval Academy, Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor's of Engineering.

The age limit for Naval Academy is 19-22 years for Naval Academy.

So, if you have studied Mathematics and Physics in Computer Science course, you can apply for CDS examination while pursuing final year of course.

For any more details about this exam, http://http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
7th February 2016, 08:02 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello......

This Is Chandni BAlwani From Pimpri. I am Doing BSC (Computer Science). Now I Am Just Send To Second Year Of My Graduation With 86.00%.. I Am In Fergusson College.I Wanted TO Go In Indian Navy... So do I Appear For CDS Exam After My Graduation???????? Please Let Me Know...
Yes, you can join in Indian Army through Combined Defence Service (CDS), which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year.

- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or its equivalent from any of the recognized colleges.
- The candidate age should be below 19 years and not exceed 24 years of age at the time of appearing this entrance test.
- The candidate must be an unmarried male with Physically fit.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
7th February 2016, 10:33 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello......

After completing your B.sc then you can apply for CDS Exam but not at this stage. You are not satisfying the needed qualification at this point, so you cannot apply for the CDS exam.

The eligibility needed by CDS for joining in Indian Navy:

# Candidate should have citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 19-22 years.

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a Engineering degree from a recognized university.

# Candidate appearing should be physically fit.

You cannot join in Indian Navy as you are doing B.sc but needed is engineering degree. But you can join in Indian army or Air Force as you will satisfy the educational qualification which is needed for that qualification.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?