26th November 2013, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for Bank PO after bachelor degree from distance education?

I have got bachelor's degree from distance education programme of open universities like Ignoo, Nalanda open Univesity etc. Am I eligible for bank p.o. Since I am graduate but had a correspondance course.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for bank PO after doing bachelor degree from distance education
  2. Am I eligible for bank exam in Indi after doing inter and degree in distance education
  3. Am I eligible to apply for Bank Clerical Exam after holding B.Com degree from Madras University(Distance Education)?
  4. Can I get a job in ISRO or any bachelor astronomy course after completion of distance education in BSc Physics?
  5. Will I be able to do B.Ed through correspondence if I am residing in USA? How can I take my exams?
  6. Is a Candidate Eligible for Group 2 Exam after completing degree in Distance Education?
  7. Are candidates with distance education degree eligible for UPSC examinations?
  8. Which course should I do after completing PGDBA with less than 50% marks?
  9. Does this possible to do part time M.Sc after completion of B.Sc?
  10. Am I eligible to appear in Group 2 exam along with my distance learning degree program?
  11. Am I eligible to give the Bank PO exam after passing BCA with distance?
  12. Is Distance education degree valid to become a CBI officer?
  13. Validity of distance education degree of Vinayaka Missions university, salem ,TN? Is its degree accepted for various government exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What is the full form of B.Ed?
  15. MCA from Distance Learning, University Of Mumbai? Good or bad in terms of placements?
  16. Which distance learning bachelor program should I choose after completion of BA? I had poor marks in BA
  17. How can I take admission for B.Ed after passing B.Com
  18. Am I eligible for the position of SI in Tamil Nadu after completion of Degree in Distance Education?
9th January 2014, 05:58 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for Bank PO after bachelor degree from distance education?

Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for the Bank Po exam. And it is best to get the job in banking sector. There are so many banks in India and almost every year all the banks recruit the PO post. SO, you should do preparation for the PO exam.

This is a tough exam so you should start preparation. And here is the syllabus for the PO exam:
General knowledge special reference to banking sector
General English
Reasoning aptitude
Computer knowledge
Data interpretation

So you should do start preparation if you want to clear the PO exam then it is best to start preparation.

Here is the eligibility criteria for the PO exam:
The candidate should have minimum 50% marks in graduation.
There is no necessity to have graduation in any particular subject.

So, if you had 50% marks in graduation then you can apply for the PO exam.
11th January 2014, 12:12 AM
sushri_mhnty

Default Re: Will I be eligible for Bank PO after bachelor degree from distance education?

Absolutely yes dear you are elegible for bank P.O. Corresponding course does not matter and if you are a graduate from Ignou or Nalana University you should have no problem. Most essential part is your secured mark. If you have 50% aggregate then you must apply for P.O. But i must suggest to work hard. Wish you all the best. Thanks !
11th January 2014, 12:21 AM
sushri_mhnty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got bachelor's degree from distance education programme of open universities like Ignoo, Nalanda open Univesity etc. Am I eligible for bank p.o. Since I am graduate but had a correspondance course.
Absolutely yes dear you are elegible. Corresponding course does not matter if you are a graduate from Ignou or Nalanda University. Essential part is your marks.If your secured marks is more then 50% you can apply for bank P.O. But you have to work or prepair with full of dedication this is a little suggesion. Wish you all the best. Thanks !
15th January 2014, 08:07 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Here is the eligibility criteria that is required for the candidates to apply for Bank PO Exams.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with a minimum of 60% of marks from a recognized university.

Age criteria :
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 20-30 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The nationality of the candidate should be India.

The candidate should have good computer knowledge.

The selection procedure would involve
Written Exam
Interview

The written exam consists of questions from the following categories
Reasoning
Numerical Ability
General Awareness
General English
Computer Knowledge

As per your profile,
Completion of Graduation in Distance Education is not a problem. But the thing is if you score more than 60% of marks in this course, then you can apply for Bank PO Exams.

My suggestion would be to apply for IBPS PO Exam through which you will be eligible to get Bank PO job in any of the public sector banks.

Wish you all the best.
17th January 2014, 11:19 AM
MAMTA GANWANI

In IBPS PO EXAM it is mentioned that u must be graduated from a Regular Course and not Private one, and u should hve minimum 60% marks in graduation,,,,, than u'R eligible to gve bank po exam.....
4th July 2016, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Please revert am I eligible if I m graduate from Eastern institute for integrated learning in management?
9th March 2020, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

I am study from kuvempu university for bscit .I'm eligible for government bank exam.plz help me
22nd April 2020, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

I am completed graduation from ycmou can i eligible for ibps clerk??
24th April 2020, 02:22 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Exclamation Re: Will I be eligible for Bank PO after bachelor degree from distance education?

Distance Education Graduation is valid for Bank PO examination if you fulfill other eligibility criteria, so you don't worry about eligibility if you have done Graduation from these Universities.

The eligibility criteria of Bank PO, candidate must be 21-30 years of age while applying for Bank PO exam. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to candidates belonging to SC and ST. ... Apart from this the minimum educational qualification of the candidate must be that of a graduate from a designated University

Please note that the Distance education of Degree should be recognised by University/Govt. Institution.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?