14th February 2018, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for M.Phil or Ph.D after completion of MA English language?

I have completed my MA English Language and Literature (Regular course) from MG University Kottayam , Kerala with 52 percentage Marks. I am Hindu Ezhava OBC candidate. Let me know am I eligible for doing PhD and Mphil from IGNOU.

Related Questions:
25th February 2018, 06:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for M.Phil or Ph.D after completion of MA English language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my MA English Language and Literature (Regular course) from MG University Kottayam , Kerala with 52 percentage Marks. I am Hindu Ezhava OBC candidate. Let me know am I eligible for doing PhD and Mphil from IGNOU.

The minimum eligibility to apply for MPhil or PhD in English is a pass in Master’s Degree in English with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. For SC/ST/SCA and physically handicapped and visually challenged are given a concession 5% marks given in the minimum eligibility (50%). Candidates have to clear an entrance examination and interview for the admission to the PhD in English. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET in the relevant subject (English) are exempted from the entrance examination. Therefore, you are not eligible to apply for MPhil or PhD after completion of the MA English with 52% marks.
25th February 2018, 10:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for M.Phil or Ph.D after completion of MA English language?

The candidate who has passed M.A. In English is eligible to pursue either M.Phil or Phd.
Minimum percentage required to pursue this course is 55%.
In order to pursue PhD you must have NET scorecard.
25th February 2018, 11:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for M.Phil or PhD after successful completion of MA in English Language:

In order to pursue M.Phil or PhD from IGNOU course, you are required to meet the below mentioned educational qualification.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible to pursue M.Phil or PhD programs from IGNOU.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Master's Degree" or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.

>> You must have secured below mentioned percentage required.
* For Unreserved category candidates - 55% marks in Post Graduation
* For Reserved Category candidates - 50% marks in Post Graduation

>> As you belong to OBC category which is a reserved category, I can say that you are eligible to pursue M.Phil/ PhD at IGNOU with 52% marks as just 50% marks are required.

Click here for Important Prospectus
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?