14th February 2018, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course after completion of MS in System Engineering?

I have done my MS from Birla Institue of Pilani and it is a work integrated course but a regular one. Please confirm whether I am eligible for doing PhD?
Also, I have done my MS in system engineering. Is it possible to do PhD in the same stream or other streams is possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do PhD in Agriculture through GATE after completion of B.Tech(Agricultural Engineering)?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for PhD research program after completion of MA Statistics with 60 percentage marks from Kashmir University?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  5. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for PhD in Economics after completion of M.Com?
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
  8. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
  9. How to approach for jobs in research field and central government jobs?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA with 60% marks?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course after completion of BAMS course?
  12. Am I eligible for PhD in Mechanical Engineering at IITs or NITs?
  13. How to join CDAC course after scoring below 60% in 10th and 12th and 70% in B.E?
  14. Best colleges for MS in Germany? How much rank required to get full scholarship? What is the total expenditure? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in NITs or IITs?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Mechanical engineering after completion of B.Tech and M.Tech from AMIE?
25th February 2018, 05:14 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course after completion of MS in System Engineering?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue PhD (Doctoral Program) after MS in System Engineering:

Generally, there is a certain educational qualification required in order to pursue PhD course. The basic educational qualification required is "Master's degree" or Post graduation in concerned stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.

As MS in System Engineering is a Master's Degree, I can say that you are eligible to pursue PhD course after completion of MS in System Engineering course as far as my best knowledge is concerned.

You may pursue PhD in Industrial and System Engineering after completion of Master's Degree. Besides all these, you are required to appear in any of the PhD Entrance Examination's or else exam that is conducted by concerned university/ college.

> Master's Degree in respective stream with 55% marks
> Any of the PhD Entrance Examination's valid score
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?