25th November 2015, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible being a SC/ST caste for Ph.D after MA with 53%?

Hi sir, I have a query in my mind, Please solve my query as soon as possible, I got 53% MA in English Literature, am I eligible to do Ph.D because I belong to SC/ST Caste.

26th November 2015, 12:58 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible being a SC/ST caste for Ph.D after MA with 53%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir, I have a query in my mind, Please solve my query as soon as possible, I got 53% MA in English Literature, am I eligible to do Ph.D because I belong to SC/ST Caste.
It is not possible for you to get PhD admission with 53% of marks in Master Degree course. You need to sore not less than 55% of marks in Master Degree to be eligible for PhD. However, It is possible only if you are belong from reserved category.

PhD Eligibility Criteria:

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a PhD is holding a Master's degree in any discipline with 55% of marks from a recognized university and Up to 5% of marks relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates. The duration for this course is 2 years.
26th November 2015, 01:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have got 53% marks in English Literature and you are a SC/ST candidate so you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course but you must have valid UGC NET score card.
26th November 2015, 02:50 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes you are eligible to do PhD.

The eligibility to do PhD is a master’s degree with 50% marks for SC/ST students.

The aspirant has to clear the entrance examination for the admission to PhD course.

The duration of the course is 3 years.
26th November 2015, 06:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, SC/ST category candidates get 5% relaxation in marks and that makes them eligible for PH.D admission with minimum 50% marks in post graduation.

Therefore, you are eligible for most of the entrance exams for admission in PH.D programme.
6th May 2017, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I have scored 50.66 percentage in M.A English in 2006 I am eligible for the phd entrance test or not though I belong to OBC Category. If not then what is the criteria for OBC candidate. Is there 5 percent relaxation for the OBC candidates.Please reply
13th March 2018, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I have scored 51.90 Percentage in M.A economics in 2016 I am eligible for the phd entrance test or not though I belong to OBC category.If not then what is the criteria for OBC candidate.
28th January 2023, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

General caste who has passed master degree before 19th September 1991 can do phd with 50 % marks in master degree.Can a sc or st student ,who has also passed his master degree before 19th September 1991do phd with 45% marks in master degree?can they get 5% relaxation in this case also?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?