14th February 2017, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after M.Com degree?

I would like to do Ph.D in digital marketing. I have 1 year of experience. I have passed in M.Com, as well as M.Com 2nd. My total marks is 436 out of 800 i.e 54.50%. So, please guide me that am I eligible for doing Ph.D or not?

14th February 2017, 11:19 PM
positive boy

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after M.Com degree?

Yes you can get admission in PHD program after passing M com course with good marks.

For admission in PHD you have to passed any master degree in respective stream with minimum 55% marks from any well recognized university. Also you have to pass an entrance examination organized by college administration or NET examination organized by UGC.
15th February 2017, 01:19 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to pursue the PhD course as you are short of few marks.
To pursue PhD, a candidate needs a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree for general candidate and for a candidate who is other than general like OBC/SC/ST minimum marks required is 50% in Master's degree. If the university allow you to take admission then only you can get admission or you have to write a letter of request to the head members of university.
15th February 2017, 11:11 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible to do P.hD after M .com degree

Educational qualification:-

The candidate should have passed the masters degree from a recognised University with minimum 55% marks.

You need to clear some entrance exam for Ph.D.

Only after clearing the Entrance exam you can get admission for Ph.D. Entrance exam is UGC NET/ SLET or the exam conducted by respective University.
16th February 2017, 12:06 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to do Ph.D course after the completion of MA course with only 54.5% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their M.Com degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same field. So, you cannot apply for Ph.D based on your marks in M.Com.
16th February 2017, 12:35 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To pursue PhD degree you must have done masters degree in the concerned period in which you want to pursue your PhD degree and you should have attained minimum of 55% marks in all the subjects and relaxation of 5% is provided to reserve the students in the percentage.As your percentage is 54.4 % so you are eligible to pursue PhD but you have to qualify the NET exam.
17th February 2017, 02:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would like to do Ph.D in digital marketing. I have 1 year of experience. I have passed in M.Com, as well as M.Com 2nd. My total marks is 436 out of 800 i.e 54.50%. So, please guide me that am I eligible for doing Ph.D or not?
As per your masters degree marks, you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?