26th December 2016, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in distance education mode?

I have done my MCA in 2003 and don't concentrate on my career but now I want to go ahead and do my Ph.D. I want to do through distance education. Am I eligible now to do Ph.D if so in which field can I do. I did my graduation in B.Com computer and which open university you can list me. Please help me out.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  2. Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?
  3. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  5. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  6. Possibility to do PhD in Synthesis through distance mode? List of universities for it? -- [New]
  7. Is it possible for me to pursue PhD in Geography through distance mode?
  8. Whether B.Com distance education students are eligible for sudying MBA or not?
  9. How can I do PhD in Urdu through distance education?
  10. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  11. Can I go for B.A in psychology distance education and then proceed with M.A and PhD? PhD also comes with distance education?
  12. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  13. Ph.D in Computer science after MCA from Punjab Technical University in distance education?
  14. Am I eligible to do Part Time PhD from Bharathiar University if completed M.Phil from Distance Education?
  15. Is it valuable to study distance PhD in Chemistry for a postgraduate?
  16. Is it possible to do Ph.D in distance mode through online?
  17. How can I do M.Phil or PhD through distance learning? Universities and study centres in West Bengal for doing M.Phil and PhD through distance education mode?
  18. Am I eligible to appear for level exam while doing BSc Maths from Annamalai University through distance education?
27th December 2016, 12:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in distance education mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my MCA in 2003 and don't concentrate on my career but now I want to go ahead and do my Ph.D. I want to do through distance education. Am I eligible now to do Ph.D if so in which field can I do. I did my graduation in B.Com computer and which open university you can list me. Please help me out.
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course in distance mode because you have completed MCA course but your masters degree marks must be above 55%. List of the Universities are given below.

Goa University
Ph. No: 0832 651 9048
Address: Taleigao Plateau, Bambolim, Goa-403001

Nalanga Open University
Ph. No: 0612 220 6916
Address: West Gandhi Maidan, 1st Floor, Biscoman Bhawan, Patna, Bihar-800001

IGNOU
Ph. No: 011 2953 3869
Address: # RZ-A-44, Road Number 4, Block B, Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, Delhi-110037
27th December 2016, 12:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got 55% marks in your MCA degree, then you will surely be eligible for Ph.D in distance mode. Just make sure you are well prepared for written exam and interview.

Universities like IGNOU and other open universities offer distance mode Ph.D through entrance exam and interview. Just apply for it, when there is a notification.
28th December 2016, 12:26 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can pursue Ph.D in distance education mode after the completion of your MCA in 2003, there must not be any kind of problem.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in relevant field through distance mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?