5th October 2012, 11:53 PM
tarun.maity

Am I eligible to pursue Law through distance mode? I am pursuing PG in Human Right Course from IIHR in Delhi through distance mode

Hi Sir,
I am pursuing PG in Human Rights course from IIHR in Delhi through distance mode.Am I eligible to pursue law through distance mode? Is distance law course valid for practicing law in court?

Thanks & Regards

Tarun Maity

1st December 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue Law through distance mode? I am pursuing PG in Human Right Course from IIHR in Delhi through distance mode

who is better course Human right or LLB
2nd December 2012, 09:27 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to pursue Law through distance mode? I am pursuing PG in Human Right Course from IIHR in Delhi through distance mode

Law degree through distance education will not allow you to practice in court. You can work as legal advisor for any firm but will never be allowed to step in a court as lawyer. This is the major con of the law degree through distance education.

The Bar Council of India does not recognize any distance education degree. Since BCI does not recognize it, you won't be able to practice in the court. If you really want to practice in court then LLB, 3 years course through regular mode is your only option.

I can understand that since you are doing course on Human Rights, it makes sense to become laywer as well. This way you will be able to represent victims in court as well. But that is only possible if you have LLB degree. With distance education degree, you can help out people by guiding them about the law but can't represent them in the court.

So now the choice is truly yours. Below is the criteria required to apply for llb course.

Eligibility LLB

1. A graduation degree in any discipline.

2. 45 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent marks.

4. The age limit to apply is 30 years.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
28th September 2014, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,
Please can I know weather diploma will be considered as an degree to be eligible for persuing law??
31st May 2023, 10:44 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, you may be eligible to pursue a Law degree through distance mode. The eligibility criteria for distance learning law programs can vary depending on the specific university or institution offering the course. However, in general, the eligibility criteria for distance learning Law programs may include the following:

Educational Qualification: A Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is usually required for admission to a distance learning Law program. Since you mentioned that you are pursuing a PG (Postgraduate) course in Human Rights from IIHR in Delhi, it indicates that you already hold a Bachelor's degree. This should meet the basic educational qualification requirement for pursuing a Law degree through distance mode.

Minimum Percentage: Some universities may specify a minimum percentage requirement in the qualifying degree for admission to the Law program. However, the minimum percentage requirement can vary among institutions.

Work Experience: Some universities may require candidates to have relevant work experience, especially for certain specialized Law programs. However, this requirement is not common for all institutions.

It's important to note that the eligibility criteria can differ among universities offering distance learning Law programs. Therefore, it is recommended to check the specific eligibility requirements of the university or institution where you intend to pursue your Law degree through distance mode. Visit their official website or contact the admissions department to get accurate and up-to-date information about the eligibility criteria, admission process, and any additional requirements for the Law program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?