27th September 2015, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IIT after completion of M.Sc mathematics course with 62.5% marks?

Hello Sir/Mam,

I have completed M.Sc Mathematics with 62.5% and want 2 do Ph.D frm IIT, pls guide me? Can you tell me if am eligible for applying or not? What would be the minimum criteria they will allow? Can someone please give me the complete information soon?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IIT after completion of M.Sc mathematics course with 62.5% marks? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  3. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  5. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  7. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after completing MS in Computer Science?
  8. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Ph.D integration course in Mathematics in IIT after completion of B.Tech Biotechnology?
  9. Minimum marks required in M.Sc to get into IIT for PhD in Maths?
  10. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  11. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  12. How can I directly join Ph.D mathematics? I have completed MSc Mathematics -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  14. Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Mathematics right after completion of B.Tech ECE in IIT?
  15. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  16. How can I study Ph.D in Mathematics directly being a M.Sc post graduate?
  17. Institutes offering M.Phil in Biochemistry?
  18. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
28th September 2015, 06:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IIT after completion of M.Sc mathematics course with 62.5% marks?

You have got the right qualification for PH.D in maths admission but for getting admission in a prestigious institute like IIT you need to be really very good in academics plus you need to qualify interview too.

Normally, in IITs one can get admission into PH.D only when he/she has a excellent GATE/NET/JRF score. Those who have research experience also have good chance. Therefore, if you can qualify any one of the above exams and perform well in the interview then you certainly have a chance.
28th September 2015, 08:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IIT after completion of M.Sc mathematics course with 62.5% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,

I have completed M.Sc Mathematics with 62.5% and want 2 do Ph.D frm IIT, pls guide me? Can you tell me if am eligible for applying or not? What would be the minimum criteria they will allow? Can someone please give me the complete information soon?

Thank you!
You have completed M.Sc in Mathematics so you are eligible for Ph.D course in IIT but you must have valid CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?