27th September 2015, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Ph.D or M.Tech course after completion of B.E in EEE?

Sir/Mam,

My son doing last year B E in EEE whether can he eligible to join M.TECH/ pHD PROGRAMME OFFERED BY IIA? Can someone please provide me the complete information on this? What are the steps which we need to follow for this? Awaiting for the answer.

28th September 2015, 06:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Ph.D or M.Tech course after completion of B.E in EEE?

For joining PH.D after B.Tech one has to qualify exams like GATE/NET/JEST. For admission in IIA your son has to appear for JEST. For admission in M.Tech your son can use GATE score which will also help him in getting stipend during the course.

Hence, if your son can qualify any of the above mentioned exams then there is a great chance for him to get admission in his choice of institute for M.Tech or PH.D programme.
28th September 2015, 08:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Ph.D or M.Tech course after completion of B.E in EEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

My son doing last year B E in EEE whether can he eligible to join M.TECH/ pHD PROGRAMME OFFERED BY IIA? Can someone please provide me the complete information on this? What are the steps which we need to follow for this? Awaiting for the answer.
After completion of B.E degree in EEE, your son can apply for M.Tech course but for M.Tech admission GATE score card needed. So if he has qualify in GATE exam then he is eligible for M.Tech course.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?