30th May 2016, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Economics if did MA 17 years back?

I have completed M.A from Sri Krishnadevaraya university, Ananthapur in 1999
I want to do PhD in economics now, so l am able or not? Please give information

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics being a T.Y.B.Com candidate?
  2. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics if completed MBA in Finance?
  4. Am I eligible to study PhD in Commerce/Economics if completed ICAI and having 11 years of work experience?
  5. Courses other than PhD for M.A.(Economics) candidate?
  6. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
  7. How to do Ph.D. in Economics being an Economics Honours graduate?
  8. Am I eligible to do PhD in Economics if completed M.Com with 60% marks?
  9. Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?
  10. How can I apply to do PhD in Economics if secured 55% in M.A.? Advantages of doing PhD in Economics?
  11. Colleges which offer PhD in Tax/Economics in Mumbai? Scope of study PhD in Tax/Economics?
  12. Is it possible to do M.Phil in Commerce or Economics after completing B.Ed and M.Com 4 years back? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
  14. Am I eligible to study PhD in Economics if completed B.Com and CA final?
  15. Am I eligible to do M.Phil/PhD while secured 55% in distance M.A.(Economics)?
  16. Detailed procedure to study PhD in Economics for MBA postgraduate?
  17. Whether a CA is eligible to appear in JRF to study PhD in Economics in IIT-Madras?
  18. After M.Com Finance can I opt for Ph.D? Which others subjects could I choose? For which Ph.D would I be eligible for?
1st June 2016, 12:55 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Economics if did MA 17 years back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no specific age limit needed for PhD course so you are eligible to apply for PhD in Economics after completing MA course. Master Degree is the minimum educational educational qualification need to apply for PhD in Economics course. The candidate need to score at least 55% of marks at Master Degree level. Apart from the educational qualification you need to score good marks in UGC NET entrance examination.
1st June 2016, 11:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed M.A in Economics with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D curse in Economics.

There are no age criteria.
1st June 2016, 05:40 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible to do PhD in Economics in IGNOU with M.A in Economics qualification. The eligibility to do PhD in Economics is Master’s Degree in Economics with minimum of 55% marks and 5 years of teaching/industry/administration/professional experience at senior level. There is no age limit to do the PhD. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission. You have to prepare the brief presentation of your research topic and submit along with your application. The candidate who already cleared the UGC/CSIR/JRF/NET/SLET/M.Phil/GATE is exempted from the entrance examination. The website link is Official Website.
1st June 2016, 11:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D admission now because there isn't any upper age limit mentioned for admission in Ph.D programme in India. Just make sure that you have 55% marks in M.A degree.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?