28th January 2014, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?

I have done mca and want to do PHD from iit delhi.i am eligible for PHD or not ?.
some friends told me mca people are not eligible to do phd from iit.because they consider mca are equivalent to b.tech
if i am eligible to do phd from iit than what is the procedure to take admission in iits.

13th April 2016, 07:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?

If you have got 55% marks in MCA then surely you can apply for Ph.D admission but you need to qualify written exam and interview. MCA is not equivalent to Ph.D by any means.

For admission in IIT Delhi for Ph.D you need to qualify exams like NET/SET/GATE/JRF because there is a stiff competition for limited seats. Also, performance in interview will matter the most.
11th October 2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?

Hi,
Myself Rajat Sen, Karimganj,Assam.
I complete MCA from Sikkim Manipal University in distance with 56% and C Grade. Can I eligible to do Phd in computer science in IIT (Guwahai or Delhi). Please allow me to know the eligibility to enter in IIT Ph.D programe. My mail id is [email protected].
13th June 2017, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

I did MCA in 2007.Now I want to do PhD.
I want to know when forms will be out for PhD, from where I can do PhD.? Please give me the list of institutes through which I can do and when they forms will be out.
18th December 2019, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Please send me PhD details for Mca completed students
17th June 2020, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

I had completed MCA in 2014, for 5years I am working as a teacher, can I do PhD in teaching as a subject...
With regards vasavi
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?