27th November 2016, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write CSIR exam to do Ph.D if completed M.Sc Botany 10 years ago? Can I do Ph.D in any one of the subjects like Biotechnology, Molecular Biology and Genetics?

Dear sir, I am very eager to do research in Life Science stream and also wish to go abroad for future studies. I have completed my M.Sc in Botany in 10 years ago and now want to write CSIR exam. Please tell me am I eligible for it? If, I pass the exam then can I do Ph.D in any one of the subjects like Biotechnology, Molecular Biology and Genetics?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to do PhD in mentioned subjects in Abroad for M.Sc(Botany) student? Eligibility and requirements to apply?
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology being a B.Tech(Biotechnology) student?
  3. Can I study PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Genetic Engineering in Abroad if pursuing M.Sc(Botany) last semester?
  4. Should I choose PhD in molecular microbiology or Algal Biotech?
  5. Which one is more academics job oriented course PhD in Molecular Microbiology or PhD in Microalgae Based Biofuel & Antioxidants?
  6. Best university abroad offering Ph.D in molecular biology? How to do Ph.D ? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Eligibility for doing PhD in Agriculture Biotechnology?
  8. How to become a genetic engineer? What is the procedure for it and fee structure?
  9. Duration of PhD in Microbiology at CCMB or other universities? Can CSIR be clared in 6 months?
  10. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying Phd?
  11. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying PhD?
  12. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying Phd?
  13. Can I do Research without pursuing PhD if completed M.Sc in Biotechnology about 8 years ago?
  14. Biotechnology syllabus of AIIMS PhD entrance exam? Tips to crack this PhD entrance exam?
  15. PhD in Forensic science is possible after M.Sc in Molecular Biology?
  16. Syllabus of Integrated Ph.D(Molecular Biology and Genetics) entrance exam?
  17. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  18. How M.Sc. in Plant Molecular Biology is different from Botany and Biotechnoloy stream?
29th November 2016, 09:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write CSIR exam to do Ph.D if completed M.Sc Botany 10 years ago? Can I do Ph.D in any one of the subjects like Biotechnology, Molecular Biology and Genetics?

Yes, you can surely apply for CSIR NET lectureship, if you have done M.Sc botany 10 years ago. You can choose any topic related to botany which are connected with biotechnology or any of your interests for your Ph.D program.

There is no upper age limit for NET lectureship, so don't worry about your age and concentrate on your preparation for the exam.
30th November 2016, 12:01 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write CSIR exam to do Ph.D if completed M.Sc Botany 10 years ago? Can I do Ph.D in any one of the subjects like Biotechnology, Molecular Biology and Genetics?

Yes, definitely you can appear for the CSIR examination after the completion of M.Sc in Botany 10 years ago, there must not be any age factor.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear for the CSIR examination.
Yes, definitely you can opt Ph.D course in any of the above mentioned subjects after qualifying in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?