9th April 2023, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Lecturer after doing MA in education from IGNOU?

I have done ma(edu) through distance mode. I am eligible for ugc net test for lecturer?

12th April 2023, 02:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Lecturer after doing MA in education from IGNOU?

Yes, of course you are eligible for UGC NET examination after completing master degree.

Those candidates who belongs to OBC / SC / St / PWD required to score at least 50% marks in masters degree or equivalent examination are eligible for the NET exam.

Apart from the educational qualification it is mandatory for you to appear and qualify in UGC NET entrance exam in order to get lecturer job.

For more information you can visit
http://ugcnetonline.in.
12th April 2023, 02:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become a Lecturer after doing MA in education from IGNOU.

Eligibility criteria to become a lecturer :-

Candidates must have passed master degree in any relevant subject from any recognised University with at least 55% marks.

To become lecturer, you will have to qualify UGC NET ( University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test ) exam.
13th April 2023, 02:31 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to become a Lecturer after doing MA in education from IGNOU. IGNOU is a governmental organization as well as a UGC-recognized university. Additionally, DEC and AICTE have both approved the degree earned from this university.

To apply for lecturer, you must complete your Master's with at least 55% of marks from any recognized university. In addition to this, you must have passed the B.Ed course.
Also, you have to appear for Central Teachers Eligibility Test or CTET and qualify for the exam to get selected for this post.
13th April 2023, 07:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know is that degree courses pursued in distance mode from a UGC-recognized university is valid for appearing in the UGC NET.

So, having completed your M.A. (Education) in distance mode from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) which is a recognized national university, you are eligible for appearing in the UGC NET if your overall aggregate in the master's degree course is at least 55% (or 50% in case you belong to a reserved category).

For complete details regarding UGC NET eligibility, you can refer to the link https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?