27th February 2015, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Ph.D in Archaeology after completing M.Sc(Bioanalytical Sciences)?

Hello
I am a student of Bioanalytical Sciences in second year pursuing M.Sc.
I have studied subjects like Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, Mathematics and Statistics, Computational Sciences, Chemical Sciences(organic as well as inorganic). Am I eligible for PhD in Archaeology inspite of not having secured post graduation post in archaeology field ?

Related Questions:
  1. Criteria to get admission in Masters of Archaeology?
  2. Can I study Archaeology in Post Graduation if completed B.Tech(ECE)? Basic difference between M.Phil and M.A.?
  3. List of the distance universities offering Ph.D in Archaeology for M.A. in History and Heritage Management degree holder?
  4. How can I take up Archaeology after studying B.A in 3rd year
  5. Can science students opt Archaeology for graduation?
  6. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying Ph.D in Archaeology?
  7. Can I opt for a P.G course after completing 5 year B.A(LL.B) hons? How may I do Archaeology course?
  8. Courses of Paleontology and Archeology in India? I am a student of 12th board exam
  9. What should I do to study B.Sc in Archaeology having scored 77% in 12th class? Best Colleges offering this course in India? What will be the syllabus for this course?
  10. Can I take up any masters in Archaeology after completing of 5 years B.Arch program?
  11. Syllabus for entrance exams of PhD(Life Science) and PhD(Pharmaceutical Sciences) are same?
  12. Which course shall I join after completion of Intermediate having interest in Archaeology?
  13. Fee particulars for completing Archaeology course? What is the basic salary offered to the candidates?
  14. Which subjects should I choose in Intermediate to join BA in Archaeology later? Best colleges offering BA in Archaeology?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in HR after MBA(HR) in distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  17. How can I study PhD in India if Teaching in Qatar?
  18. What are the courses that I have to complete in order to do research?
1st March 2015, 12:44 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study Ph.D in Archaeology after completing M.Sc(Bioanalytical Sciences)?

Typically, a PhD is a five year post doctorate program, minimum eligibility for which is an M.Phil in Archaeology or you must have a post graduate degree.

Archaeology is the systematic as well as the analytical study of past human life and culture by recovering and examining remaining material evidence, such as tools, graves, buildings and pottery. Under an Ph.D. program the students are required to prepare a dissertation on any selected topic within archaeology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?