10th August 2015, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD being a M.A.(Political Science) candidate of IGNOU?

Hi,
I have just given my exams of M.A.(Political Science) from IGNOU. Can I do PhD after my M.A.? Please do reply immediately. Thanks in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. PhD in Computer Science is possible to do from IGNOU or not?
  2. Detailed procedure to study PhD for a candidate who has completed MBA-HR from IGNOU?
  3. Detailed information about IGNOU centres which offer PhD in Economics course in Southern India?
  4. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Mathematics in IGNOU? Total fee to study PhD in IGNOU?
  5. Does IGNOU offer PhD in Hindi course to M.Phil postgraduate?
  6. Does IGNOU offer PhD in Computer Applications to MCA candidate? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  7. Detailed information and admission procedure to study PhD in Computer Application in IGNOU for M.Sc(IT) postgraduate?
  8. Detailed information and eligibility to study PhD in English in IGNOU, Kanpur for a candidate who has completed M.A.(English) from University of Jammu?
  9. Eligibility to study PhD in Hindi in IGNOU for M.Phil postgraduate?
  10. Should I have to study M.Phil to pursue PhD being a M.Sc(Computer Science) candidate?
  11. Information about pursuing PhD English from IGNOU?
  12. Is it necessary to do M.Phil to study PhD? Topics related to Political Science to study in PhD?
  13. IGNOU offers Integrated PhD in Physics/Astrophysics program for M.Sc 1st semester student?
  14. What should I study in M.Sc to pursue PhD in Life Science being a B.Sc(Botany) candidate?
  15. Eligibility to study PhD in Forensic Science for M.Sc(Nursing) candidate? List of institutes in Maharashtra?
  16. From where I should study PhD in English if completed M.A. from IGNOU?
  17. Can I do PhD in IGNOU if completed MCA? Is PhD program of IGNOU has any value?
  18. Part time PhD from IGNOU for M.Lib degree holder?
14th August 2015, 11:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD being a M.A.(Political Science) candidate of IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have just given my exams of M.A.(Political Science) from IGNOU. Can I do PhD after my M.A.? Please do reply immediately. Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can do Ph.D course but you must fulfill below given criteria.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course but you must have valid UGC NET score card.
15th August 2015, 04:30 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD being a M.A.(Political Science) candidate of IGNOU?

If you want to apply for Ph.D course after you M.A.(Pol Science), you will thus have to fulfill the following below mentioned criterias;

> Aspirant needs to have a PG qualification with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.

> Aspirant will have to clear UGC NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?