7th January 2015, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?

I have done MCA from sikkim manipal university in distance education. I"LL have to do Phd in IT. so,after MCA in distance mode can I pursue my career for PHD in IT/Computer Science.

Kindly answer me fast.

9th January 2015, 10:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?

Yes you are eligible for Ph.D in Computer Science if you have MCA qualification. Just make sure that you have got above 55% marks in your MCA from a recognized University. Sikkim Manipal University is a recognized distance education University and you are definitely eligible for Ph.D admission if you fulfill the percentage criteria.

If you qualify NET/SLET after MCA then you can apply for Ph.D admission in top Universities. Most of the reputed Universities offer admission in Ph.D program on the basis of NET/SLET score.

If you don't have NET/SLET score then you can apply for Ph.D entrance exam which is conducted by the respective University in which you want admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?