20th August 2016, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear for NET/SET or similar competitive exams after M.A in English from Calcutta University and eligibility to do researches after the course?

I am a pass graduate in B.A course from Calcutta University, and now I am doing M.A in English from Calcutta University itself. Can I sit for NET/ SET or similar exams taking up English as the subject. And if I do, what would be my scope.. will I be able to do further researches?

21st August 2016, 08:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for NET/SET or similar competitive exams after M.A in English from Calcutta University and eligibility to do researches after the course?

If you have got MA degree with 55% marks then you can surely appear for NET/SET without any issues. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates.

After cracking above exams you will be eligible for admission in Ph.D as well as fellowships if you have applied for JRF. Hence, if you fulfill the marks then be prepared for the exams.
21st August 2016, 10:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for NET/SET or similar competitive exams after M.A in English from Calcutta University and eligibility to do researches after the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a pass graduate in B.A course from Calcutta University, and now I am doing M.A in English from Calcutta University itself. Can I sit for NET/ SET or similar exams taking up English as the subject. And if I do, what would be my scope.. will I be able to do further researches?
If you have completed M.A in English from a recognized University with above 55% marks are eligible for NET/SET entrance exam.

If you qualify in NET/SET exam, then you can a jobs in government college as Assistant Professor. Also you can do Ph.D course through UGC NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?