21st August 2014, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to attend the SLET test? How to apply for it?

I want applied for SLET test in haryana. I live in Up. i have done MA and B.ed, Currently i am doing my Phd. what are the elgiblity to attend the test how it could be applied

30th August 2014, 05:21 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility to attend the SLET test? How to apply for it?

For State Eligibility Test, candidates should have Master's Degree recognized by U.G.C. The Master's degree should be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. In the SC/ST category, candidates should atleast have scored 55 per cent marks in masters degree. For the Visually handicapped category, minimum 50 per cent is required in masters degree.
The minimum qualification needed for the appointment of lecturer/assistant professor is NET/SLET.
You should atleast complete masters degree with minimum 55 per cent. You also need to complete UGC Net exam. At some universities, they conduct written tests along with interview. You also need to submit a thesis synopsis with the guide. For engineers and doctors, some universities allow exception to this rule and can directly seek admission. There will be test for 30 subjects that are Humanities (including languages), Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences, Computer Science and Applications. From this session, SET will be held in objective mode as per the guidelines of UGC. The test will be in two sessions for three subjects.
For the date for exam, you have to check the official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?