9th June 2016, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility and educational qualification required to do PhD(Engineering) in NIT-Delhi?

What educational qualification is required to do PhD in Engineering in NIT-Delhi? I have done my MS in Germany and came back to India. I want to do PhD now from NIT-Delhi? What is my eligibility for getting admission?

10th June 2016, 01:59 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and educational qualification required to do PhD(Engineering) in NIT-Delhi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What educational qualification is required to do PhD in Engineering in NIT-Delhi? I have done my MS in Germany and came back to India. I want to do PhD now from NIT-Delhi? What is my eligibility for getting admission?

The eligibility to do PhD (Engineering) is a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology with first class at Master’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s level. All the eligible candidates shall be required to appear in an Entrance Test in the same discipline. Those who have qualified the entrance test shall be called for the interview. The aspirant can apply online for the admission. The website link is Official Website
10th June 2016, 04:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and educational qualification required to do PhD(Engineering) in NIT-Delhi?

For Ph.D in Engineering from NIT you need at least a B.Tech degree with at least 60% marks which is the minimum criteria. Those who have post graduation with 55% marks are also eligible.

Being a MS degree holder you are definitely eligible for Ph.D admission in India but admission will be based in the performance in written exam and interview. If you have scores like GATE/NET/SET then you will be exempted from entrance exam stage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?