26th June 2019, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Economics) in Jamia Millia Islamia?

Please help me to know about the eligibility criteria through which I can study PhD in Economics in Jamia Millia Islamia? I am interested to do PhD in this stream in this institute. Please help me to know about this asap.

29th June 2019, 01:59 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Economics) in Jamia Millia Islamia?

The minimum eligibility required to apply for admission in PhD(Economics) in Jamia Millia Islamia is master's degree in relevant subject with minimum 65% marks from a recognized university.

The admission to the PhD(Economics) in Jamia Millia Islamia is on the basis of entrance examination conducted by the Jamia Millia Islamia followed by counseling.

You can check the website https://www.jmi.ac.in/ for more details.
29th June 2019, 01:03 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD(Economics) in Jamia Millia Islamia is given below;

Aspirant must have obtained a second class Master’s Degree or an equivalent with at least 55% aggregate marks (50% in case of ST/SC/PwD candidates) from any recognized university.

Aspirant should have qualified entrance test followed by an interview conducted by Jamia Millia Islamia. Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR NET/JRF/M.Phil degree holders/teacher fellowship holders /ICCR sponsored candidates are exempted from entrance test.

More info;
https://www.jmi.ac.in/economics
29th June 2019, 02:05 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD economics in Jamia Millia Islamia university-

The candidate must have minimum qualification of masters degree in Economics from recognised University and candidate has to appear in the entrance test conducted by the college. Shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview based on score obtained in entrance test.
29th June 2019, 11:58 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** Ph.D. Economics or Doctor of Philosophy in Economics is Doctorate Economics course.

** The required eligibility to study Ph.D. (Economics) in Jamia Millia Islamia is the candidate should have passed Master degree in the respective field from a recognized university.

** The minimum percentage required in the master degree course to study Ph.D. (Economics) in Jamia Millia Islamia is 60%.

** 5% marks relaxation is given to SC/ST category candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?