3rd August 2019, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Library & Information Science) in Manipur University?

Hello everyone, I am interested to do PhD program in Manipur University in the specialization of Library & Information Science. So, I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for doing this PhD program in this university. Please tell me asap.

7th August 2019, 12:09 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Library & Information Science) in Manipur University?

Eligibility required to get admission in PhD(Library & Information Science) in Manipur University are mentioned here;

You must have hold a master's degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate (50% marks for reserved category candidates) from any recognized university/institute.

You must have qualified written test conducted by university. Qualified candidates from NET/SLET/SET or M.Phil degree holders are given a weightage of 10% and 7% of marks respectively. Such candidates are skip from entrance test.
13th August 2019, 01:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Library & Information Science) in Manipur University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I am interested to do PhD program in Manipur University in the specialization of Library & Information Science. So, I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for doing this PhD program in this university. Please tell me asap.
If you have completed M.A in Library & Information Science then you can apply for Ph.D course in Library & Information Science but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 30 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?