3rd August 2014, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Gap after post graduation is a problem for pursuing PhD from foreign?

hello...

I am a Biotechnology personnel and i completed my M.Sc. in Biotechnology in June 2010. I couldnt continue furthur for phd due to some personal reasons. But now i have started preparing for csir ugc net and will be appearing in june 2012.And i am really interested in a phd in Bioinformatics,so i am preparing myself with all the tools and languages in Bioinfo as well. My query is that once i clear the net, will this gap of mine cause any hindrance while application and selection procedures for phd in any nationalized institute?

I would also like to know that if i wish to apply for phd in some foreign university after getting a gre.... will they mind this gap?? If yes...is there any solution to this issue??

Thanks

Rupal Jain

24th November 2014, 11:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Gap after post graduation is a problem for pursuing PhD from foreign?

Well, if you have proper reason for your gap with supporting documents, then you might not face any problem during admission. You must have Master's degree with at least 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D admission.

One can get admission in Ph.D through entrance examination, which is conducted by the respective University. Candidates having following qualifications are exempted from entrance examination and they will get admission on the basis of their qualification.

1. NET/SLET qualified candidates will get admission on the basis of their NET/SLET score.

2. M.Phil qualified candidates are also exempted from entrance exam.

3. Candidates with at least 5 years of experience in the relevant field can apply for direct admission in Ph.D program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?