23rd October 2010, 03:07 PM
rohitbitkol

Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements

i am in final year student of MCA..i am worried about my campus placements...i have passed my class 10 exams in 2001 with 81.2% marks and class 12 exams with 76.88% marks in 2003..i have completed BSc with 65% in march 2006...but i have a year gap between 2006-2008(i took addmition in MCA in july 2008) years which is unacceptable for so many companies...therefore i request you to kindy give me names of some software companies which accept this criteria...
plz help me out ....pz give reply as soon as possibe..and TCS is allowed or not in 2010.

25th October 2010, 06:56 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements

Some companies ask the reason for the gap and if you are able to provide genuine certificate like work experience or course certificate then there won’t be much hindrance regarding campus placement. Your marks are enough to seat in placement in any companies. But there are some companies like TCS, CTS, IBM, Infosys, CapGemini, and Accenture, which take-up candidates in their campus placement who are having a maximum 2 year gap and has above 60% marks. Even though there are other companies like Wipro, Satyam and many more who doesn’t have these criteria.
25th October 2010, 07:29 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements

year gap can create problem during placement. this is not your personal problem but today the story is same in allmost allfield . the best way to save yourself from this is you should prepare the proof of some work done during those years. good luck
31st October 2010, 10:29 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

look every companies hire the freshers candidate.

as you haveYear Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation , you will be eligible for Placements. but the problem is that you will face major problem during your interview process.

so you must prepare for the answer of year gap cause.

if it will be a valid reason then it will not effect in you career.

all the best...........
6th November 2010, 04:15 PM
Gaurav.jain88

All company will ask you reason for 2 year gap.
So prepare for the answer.
You must have any some genune reason for that with certificate varification.
Dont worry.
Best of luck.....
28th November 2010, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

present i am pursuing MCA final year in JNTU College of Engineering Kakinada. Recently TCS visited my Campus and select around 250 candidates. Actually i am not eligible for TCS because of my 6 years gap from 1999-2005 i.e.,Inter to Degree,but they give an eligibility for Written test. I completed my written test and Technical round finally i went to HR round this is the final round. At this time they told me that we don't select you because of ur year gaps, off course you done well in HR , we consider Maximum 2 years only. I disappointed ,because they rejected me after all the rounds.
hence i i want to know the list of Companies that r not consider more than 2 years gap. I have all 70's.
6th December 2010, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

i had less percentage in 10th and 12th 40% N 45% respectively. A gap during graduation,scored 55%. What field should i go for.
8th December 2010, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I am 31 year old with seven years work exprence in the field of accountancy.I passed my claas 10 in
1994 with 65% ,class 12 in 1996 with 51%.and due to my personal circumtance I did my graduation
(B.Com,Honr's) in 2010 with 69% marks after ten year gap.Now I wand to do MCA or MBA in HR.
Please advice me in which course would be better for me and there should be any problem to get a
good jon in MNC .I am very worried about my carries.Can i not get any job due to my this long gap.
11th December 2010, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

I am 23 old with no gap in education.I Scored 72% in 10th and and 56 % in Graduation(B.E. Comp). But Unfortunately only 59% in 12th while nearly all companies want 60%. Can anyone please tell me if there are IT companies doesn't have this criteria.
13th December 2010, 11:39 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

generally not but the copmany is paying high wages then at thime u can get suffered
13th December 2010, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

i had three years gap from my graduation to pg i.e., 2005-2008 now i'm in final mca, am i eligible for accenture or tcs
14th December 2010, 08:46 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friend

a year gap will some how effect for your placement

if you can sincerely show the result of the gap between them with a good gap certificate

then you'll not have any problem

all the best

~aditya~
16th December 2010, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Tell me list of companies who wil give one excepmtion throw out academic record
21st December 2010, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

i have a year gap..i passed in 2007 where i should have in 2006 ..due to back log..i have 3 yrs of work experience ..how is this going to affect my joining in TCS.
11th January 2011, 04:20 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

year gap create problem when you will remain jobless and later you will go for study. but if you do some job in the year gap and if you are able to submit work certificate then year gap will not create any problem even it will give advantage to get job.

after graduation if you have done any job then collect work certificate from where you have done job. if there is year gap due to some medical problem then collect medical certificate and give documents when the recruiter will ask to know the year gap details. but if your gap is for preparing for job or for examination then it will create a hugh problem when you will apply for job.

best wishes.
11th January 2011, 04:37 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

You need not have to worry for TCS because it accepts two year gap unless you have a valid reason for that gap. They will ask you for the proof whether the gap has been due to medical reasons or due to working experience or some other reason then you will have to state them the reason clearly so when other details being equally good you are eligible to join the companies.
11th January 2011, 06:12 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbitkol View Post
i am in final year student of MCA..i am worried about my campus placements...i have passed my class 10 exams in 2001 with 81.2% marks and class 12 exams with 76.88% marks in 2003..i have completed BSc with 65% in march 2006...but i have a year gap between 2006-2008(i took addmition in MCA in july 2008) years which is unacceptable for so many companies...therefore i request you to kindy give me names of some software companies which accept this criteria...
plz help me out ....pz give reply as soon as possibe..and TCS is allowed or not in 2010.
Hello Rohit,

Yes, Year gap do affect in campus placement. But you don't need to worry because eligibility criteria doesn't have much on year gap.
If you have valid reasons and if you have talent, then you should not worry.
So, you should have some valid reason to answer them

There are so many companies. Some of them are
Infosys
TCS
CTS
HCL
Wipro, etc.

All the best.
11th January 2011, 06:13 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend
as you haveYear Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation , you will be eligible for Placements. but the problem is that you will face major problem during your interview process.

so you must prepare for the answer of year gap cause.

if it will be a valid reason then it will not effect in you career.thank you
11th January 2011, 06:17 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 23 old with no gap in education.I Scored 72% in 10th and and 56 % in Graduation(B.E. Comp). But Unfortunately only 59% in 12th while nearly all companies want 60%. Can anyone please tell me if there are IT companies doesn't have this criteria.
Hello friend,

Yes, most of the MNC's have cut off of 60% in 10, 12 and graduate.
So, you won't be able to sit for placement for such companies such as
Infosys, wipro, TCS, etc
But still there are so many companies which doesn't ask the cut off marks. So, my advice would be to make a powerful resume and post it in various companies. If you really have the talent, then you can get the job.
Companies like easy solutions, etc.

All the best.
11th January 2011, 06:22 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
i had three years gap from my graduation to pg i.e., 2005-2008 now i'm in final mca, am i eligible for accenture or tcs
Hello,

I think you will be eligible for accenture or TCS because your year gap is in graduation to PG. If you have valid reason for the year gap, then they will accept it though year gap affects placement.

For TCS, you need to have 60% in 10, 12, graduation and PG, then you will be eligible to sit for placement.

All the best.
Thank you.
11th January 2011, 06:27 PM
mishra245

Yes it is affecting but not in big manner means you are eligible for the applying in placement but you give some reason to the placement companies to gap between the post graduation.
11th January 2011, 06:34 PM
vskkarthick
Junior Member+

Quote:
hello sir i think age difference is not a matter the main thing is your skills if you have all the qualifications means not only in tcs you can get placement in many top companies. for that you have to improve your skills. i need to know what was you doing in that 2years because then only i can say can you get placement or not.
you should have done some part time job if you have gotten experience certificate for that job means it will be easier for you to get jobs.

and hereby i give some name of companies where you can go are 1.Wipro
2.Infosis,3. infosis 4.oracle...etc
11th January 2011, 06:51 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You have good percentage in your previous studies. Most of the companies recruit by written test and there by group discussion and stress interview. Your gap of 1 year will not be a trouble to fulfill the eligible recruitments and to appear for the preliminary or written examination of any sort of company.

If you are qualified in all the rounds of a particular campus drive, final stage is personal interview. There whether you get a job or not will depend on the kind of answer you are going to give when the interviewer asks for the reason of gap.

So, if you can convince him by your answer and if you attempt all other questions in a satisfactory manner, you will definitely be get selected.

You tell that you have done some work in some company for that one period along with some proof or you may also tell them that because of some health problems you stopped your study that year and show them some evidence.

To the best of my knowledge, these two are the good options
11th January 2011, 08:16 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hi friend,
you may face the problem in interview because here some question may be asked with you related to your year gap,so prepare your answer for the question related to your year gaps.don't worry i think you should have collect the reason with certified prove.
ALL the BEST.
11th January 2011, 08:48 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Year gap will definitely affect your placements if you don't have a proper reason to answer the MNC's about what you did the entire year.If you have certain certificates like Work experience certificate,Course certificate,Medical certificate or any other such certificates then its not a big problem else your in a problem.

If you have proper reasons as mentioned above then you can secure a job easily else its difficult to secure a job.Its better that you register yourself at websites like timesjob.com,monster.com so that you get information about the various placements taking place all over India.
11th January 2011, 10:12 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements
Some companies ask the reason for the gap and if you are able to provide genuine certificate like work experience or course certificate then there won’t be much hindrance regarding campus placement. Your marks are enough to seat in placement in any companies. But there are some companies like TCS, CTS, IBM, Infosys, CapGemini, and Accenture, which take-up candidates in their campus placement who are having a maximum 2 year gap and has above 60% marks. Even though there are other companies like Wipro, Satyam and many more who doesn’t have these criteria.

good luck
11th January 2011, 11:23 PM
sauravkumarjhumritelaiya
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements

Yes, year gap may create problem in the placement time because now a day’s all the companies prefers regular students …….
But, if the companies will give you any chance for the interview then they will ask the region for the year gap, then you have to explain the region perfectly………….
12th January 2011, 12:50 AM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know year gap case some effect on your placement but if you valid resign for that like you medical certificate or work certificate then it case less affect.
good luck......
18th January 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

hi.....I have a 2 year gap after my class 12...reason is I was preparing for medical...but that is a very useless reason...it gives an impression that one suffers from indecision and also one is a quitter..............I cant give that reason.............can someone suggest reasons other than the above mentioned reasons
19th January 2011, 01:37 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

DEAR Friend,
Now a days all the top companies like wipro,TCS, Infosys,IBM,Yahoo,MCfee,Cisco they wont accept year gap for more than two Year.Best suggestion is you have to fulfill the year gap by making some experience certificate whatever it is, else contact any middle school in your area and get some experience certificate in teaching and at the time of interview you simply told that my financial condition was not so good that why i joined school..

Thanks
19th January 2011, 03:04 PM
nanty29

Hello Friend,

It's being great that you have completed or just about to complete your master degree.Now as far as gap between graduation and post graduation is concern off then i tell you that it will not play much role until you don't have good records in your education.

As you tell that you have only 1 year gap in your education then you can can simply undercover it by saying that i want to go for higher studies and for that i do your preparation in that period of time.

Company generally get worried when you don't have any valid answer for your year gap.

Now as far as your case is to be concern off then i assured you that you don't have to worry at all.

Do well in your MCA and apply in respective company.You will definitely succed.
19th January 2011, 07:36 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
if you are having a year gap certificate with genuine reason, then no company will disqualify you for the interview. it is the marks which matters not the year gap if you are having good marks and are confident enough to crack the interview then nobody can stop you.
20th January 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i am bbm graduate in 2008 and have gap of 2years and now i want to study again thru correspondence from bangalore university,i am i eligible for it
3rd February 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

i am a 2010 b.tech pass out in the branch EC from SMIT(majitar).

i have 8.08 as my cgpa,and 86% in 10 and 79.9% in 10 2...

what i want to know is that if i give a year gap till December 2011....and currently
handling some work in a NGO ....

will i be able to give a job? i haven't applied anywhere after on campus placement ...
coz i have some serious personal commitments to fulfill....so to fill up the gap if i work
in an ngo ..........so will i be eligible and apply for a job or am i in trouble waters?
3rd February 2011, 05:42 PM
zyrex20

i am a 2010 b.tech pass out in the branch EC from SMIT(majitar).

i have 8.08 as my cgpa,and 86% in 10 and 79.9% in 10+2...

what i want to know is that if i give a year gap till December 2011....and currently
handling some work in a NGO ....

will i be able to give a job? i haven't applied anywhere after on campus placement ...
coz i have some serious personal commitments to fulfill....so to fill up the gap if i work
in an ngo ..........so will i be eligible and apply for a job or am i in trouble waters?
5th March 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

i'm 2009 passout of MCA tell me the better reason for 2 years gap
24th April 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

What will be the valid reason for one year gap between 12 and BTECH ?
25th April 2011, 01:11 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Hi,

Year gap will definitely affect your placements if you don't have a proper reason to answer the companies about what you did the entire year.

If you have undergone any course or certification then it will help you but if you have simply wasted your time then surely it will create problem.

If you have proper and genuine excuse for your year gap then there will not be any problem.

So, try to give genuine excuse at the time of interview.

All the Best...
13th May 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B.e in five years ami eligible for mnc companies
10th June 2011, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i have completed my btech in 2010 bt don't have any placement and job.rite now i am preparing for psu.if this year i get the job then it is good 4 me but if i never clear the psu exam then i decided to take a admission in mtech?is this rite decision?
16th June 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

i am working in enggi college 210-2011 then i countinue to BE CSE YEAR 2011-2012 THEN I HAVE PRODUCED GAP CERTIFICATE OR NOT GIVEN INFORMATION ABOUT THIS
13th July 2011, 08:49 PM
rishikeshraj

I am a student With 58% marks in 10th , 49.77% in 12th and 76.77% in BE (Electronic And Telecommunication) 2010 batch . After that i have joined HCL CDC courses for networking jobs and now Working in Persistent System as Contract Consultant from 9 months In Software Compliance Team But I am not satisfied wih my current job. So it is nearly 1.5 years late . So can i join CDAC coures for good placements in softwares courses like WiMC . So Can u suggest me what to do now this moment of time.
22nd July 2011, 06:39 PM
abhi789
Banned

Quote:
hi.....I have a 2 year gap after my class 12...reason is I was preparing for medical...but that is a very useless reason...it gives an impression that one suffers from indecision and also one is a quitter..............I cant give that reason.............can someone suggest reasons other than the above mentioned reasons
for medical year gap does not matter a lot.prepare well for your medical exam.
best of luck
18th August 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM PERIOD TO COMPLETE A THREE YEARS GRADUATION?
18th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

WHAT WILL BE THE MAXIMUM PERIOD TO COMPLETE A THREE YEARS GRADUATION?
26th August 2011, 10:20 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
Some companies create problem if there is any gap between your courses, but there are lots of companies who do not ask about gap , so if you do have reason for gap then there is no problem and if you do not have any reason you better avoid this companies.
27th August 2011, 12:28 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements

Quote:
these days..it is not much of a problem..the companies do know that the students try to get into a good college and hence for preparations..they do drop a year..1 year is acceptable..u dont have to be so nervous..

hope this helps..
26th September 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

i completed my BE (computer science-77%) 2011 batch and am going to do MBA in 2012-2014 batch....so i will be having an year gap...does this affect my placements.....
plzz anyone reply me..
13th February 2012, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.tech in 2011 an thinking for going to do MBA in 2013-2015 batch is this will affect my placements of having 2 years gap between graduation and post graduation.
30th September 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I completed BE in karnataka and joined Mtech in andhra pradesh... Does this effect my Career?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?