8th March 2015, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

How can I get admission to study PhD in Zoology at Punjab University after M.Sc from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar?

Sir,
I am M.Sc Zoology passed out from
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
Now I want to pursue for PhD in Zoology.
But from Punjab University.
Please help me to get admission.

Related Questions:
  1. List of good colleges offering BSc Biotechnology in Ludhiana?
  2. Is it possible to do PhD in Urdu from Guru Nanak Dev University?
  3. List of colleges of DU offering courses in commerce, Science and Humanities?
  4. Am I eligible for UGC computer science exam after doing MSc CS with 52% from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
  5. Procedure of admission in BSc Physics course in Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar? Can we apply online?
  6. Which institute to join for diploma in electrical engineering?
  7. How to do M.A in History as private from Guru Nanak Dev university, Amritsar?
  8. How to get admission in M.A in Psychology in Guru Nanak Dec University Amritsar?
  9. Which university is better among Calcutta University, Punjabi University, Thapar University and Guru Nanak Dev University?
  10. What is the procedure for admission in M.A in Psychology from Guru Nank Dev University Amritsar
  11. Should I do M.A in economics from Punjab University Chandigarh or MSc Hons in economics from GNDU, Amritsar Punjab
  12. Will I be able to get admission in Guru Nanak Dev university after scoring 156 marks in AIEEE?
  13. Procedure to get admission in BSc Hons in Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to take admission in BBA 1st year in Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar?
  15. Question bank and study material to prepare for LLB entrance in Punjab University and Guru Nanak Dev University?
  16. After scoring 1258 rank can I get admission in Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjabi University and Punjab Agriculture University?
  17. What's the entrance test date for M.tech admission conducted by GNDU, Amritsar(Punjab)?
  18. Should I take admission in Guru Nanak Dev university or should i prefer PTU for M.Tech in computer science?
13th March 2015, 11:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study PhD in Zoology at Punjab University after M.Sc from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar?

If you have got Master's degree in relevant discipline with at least 55% marks from a recognized University then you are definitely eligible for Ph.D admission. There is relaxation of 5% marks for those who belong to reserved category.

Admission is mostly based on the scores obtained in NET/SLET/JRF/GATE. Therefore, if you want to get admission in a top University then try to clear any of the above mentioned exams. If you don't have these scores then you have to appear for University Ph.D entrance exam for getting admission.
14th March 2015, 12:53 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study PhD in Zoology at Punjab University after M.Sc from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar?

You will need to have a good career record throughout and then after the completion of your M.Sc you will need to sit for the NET Examination.
A candidate who has cleared the NET Examination had to apply for the course of PhD in the choice of his University and then a Interview is conducted and once you clear that you will be a PhD Scholar of that University.
You will need a good marks and then you will need to qualify the NET Examination.
If you qualify for the NET Examination then you will be eligible for the course of PhD and you will also get a stipend which will be provided by the Government to encourage you to do research and pursue higher studies.
So the main hurdle that you have in front of you is to clear the NET Examination and once you have done that you will be eligible to apply for the course of PhD in Zoology from Punjab University.
So start preparing for the NET Examination from now on and you will reap the benefits in the long run.
So work hard and once you clear the NET Examination the rest of the part will be easy for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?