20th May 2014, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

How to do PhD after B.Tech? Are there separate colleges for doing PhD? Duration of course and requirements?

Sir,
This is a btech student studying 3rd year in cse group.my intention is to only know how to do Phd after my btech ?
And also i know that it may be possible by attempting net exam.but i cant understand that how the procedure after the exam is.
For eg: should we select our college at last or it maybe in the form of counsilling .
Actually Are there any separate colleges for doing phd?
And in how many years we have to complete phd?
Firstly how to qualify in net exam nothing but which subject is to be read by us?
Please,reply me for this all que and kindly excuse me for asking all this stupids doubts .

Thanking you.

9th October 2016, 08:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do PhD after B.Tech? Are there separate colleges for doing PhD? Duration of course and requirements?

If you want to get admission in Ph.D on the basis of B.Tech, then you must try to qualify exams like GATE/NET/SET. Most of the top institutes like IITs offer admission to GATE qualified candidates.

Admission is through interview and viva presentation. Hence, it will not be easy to get admission, if you are not serious about a research career. You must be well prepared for the interview stage. You can prepare through self study or coaching for NET/GATE, if you haven't cleared them in first attempt. Admission will be announced and you have to apply on a prescribed format. Merit will decide the admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?