30th August 2017, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

How to do research in Astrophysics after B.Sc Physics? Entrance exams available for it?

I am studying in 3rd year of B.Sc Physics and now want to do research work in Astrophysics. Please tell me what should I do for it? Entrance exams available for it?

Related Questions:
  1. List of universities which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  2. Is it necessary to do BSc Physics if I wish to do MSc Astrophysics
  3. In which college or school we should get admission to specialize in Astrophysics?
  4. M.Sc in Astrophysics or Physics is possible to do after B.Sc in Maths and Economics? Is it possible to present my several Pro Certificates in lieu of a proper Astrophysics or Physics course if I am not eligible?
  5. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  6. Best college for BSc Astrophysics in Karnataka? Date of start of admissions?
  7. Can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) after pursuing B.Sc in Physics? Difference among Astrophysics and Physics?
  8. Career in theoretical physics research: Entrance Exams for MSc in Physics Admissions
  9. How much marks should I score in BSc Physics to appear for IIT entrance examination in MSc Astrophysics
  10. Can I do M.Sc in Astrophysics after completion of B.Sc in Physics with 70%? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Names of colleges where I can do MSc in Astrophysics after completing BSc Physics?
  12. What are the exams after B.Sc to enter into M.Sc in astrophysics and nuclear physics? -- [New]
  13. How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?
  14. Can I do PhD in Astronomy at IIT? How can I do that?
  15. Colleges which provides Higher Education in Astrophysics? Course other than Master degree to get into research field?
  16. How can I do post graduate studies in Astrophysics in UK after B.Sc in physics in India?
  17. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  18. Which entrance exams have to be clear to get admission in best colleges of astrophysics in India?
23rd September 2017, 09:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do research in Astrophysics after B.Sc Physics? Entrance exams available for it?

You need to first take admission in a PG level degree course of the same subject or astrophysics. Then after masters degree, you need to apply for Ph.D programme, which is a research course.

You can choose your own choice of topic based on your interest for your doctorate degree. This is the normal route for those, who want to research in their own field of interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?