26th May 2023, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

I am M.Sc general microbiology but want to do phD in medical microbiology, I will be allowed to do it?

I am M.Sc general microbiology but want to do phD in medical microbiology, I will be allowed to do it? If yes where should apply for it?

28th May 2023, 06:59 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am M.Sc general microbiology but want to do phD in medical microbiology, I will be allowed to do it?

For PhD in medical microbiology , candidates must have a graduation or post graduation degree in a related field with minimum 55%marks from a recognised university.

The duration of this course is 3 years.
29th May 2023, 05:11 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: I am M.Sc general microbiology but want to do phD in medical microbiology, I will be allowed to do it?

1. A postgraduate degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of 55% Some universities require 5 years of experience in a related field.

2. The candidates from the reserved category (SC/ST) can take admission at 50% in postgraduate degree, 5% relaxation.

3. There is no bar to pursue this course.
30th May 2023, 06:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a PhD in medical microbiology may very depending on the specific requirements of the university or institution offering the program.
In general, having an Msc general microbiology is a suitable background for applying to a Phd program in medical microbiology.

Here are a few steps you can take to pursue a Phd in medical microbiology:-

Eligibility Criteria:-
The candidate should have passed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognised University are eligible to apply for PhD.

Entrance exam:-
Some PhD programs may require you to take entrance exams such as the GRE or other standardized tests.
31st May 2023, 12:34 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do a PhD in medical microbiology after completing an M.Sc. in general microbiology. However, you may need to take some additional courses to make up for the differences between the two programs. You should also make sure that your research interests are aligned with those of the medical microbiology program you are applying to.

Here are some tips for getting admitted to a PhD program in medical microbiology:

* Get good grades in your M.Sc. program.
* Take additional courses in medical microbiology and related subjects.
* Get involved in research, either through a research assistantship or a independent research project.
* Write a strong personal statement that explains your interest in medical microbiology and your research goals.
* Do well on the GRE or other standardized tests required by the program you are applying to.

If you are accepted to a PhD program in medical microbiology, you can expect to spend 4-6 years completing your degree. During this time, you will take coursework, conduct research, and write a dissertation. Upon completion of your degree, you will be a doctor of philosophy in medical microbiology.

Here are some of the career options available to PhDs in medical microbiology:

* Research scientist
* Professor
* Medical technologist
* Epidemiologist
* Consultant
* Biotechnician
* Pharmaceutical representative
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?