22nd August 2022, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

ISRO sponsors PhD program for MTech(Civil Engineering) candidate? Procedure to get admission?

Hello everyone, I am doing MTech in Civil Engineering. After my MTech I will do PhD or research. I am interested to join ISRO. So, I would like to know that ISRO sponsors PhD program? If yes, then what is the procedure for applying?

30th May 2023, 06:02 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: ISRO sponsors PhD program for MTech(Civil Engineering) candidate? Procedure to get admission?

Yes, ISRO does sponsor PhD programs in various disciplines. The following are the steps involved in applying for a PhD program at ISRO:
  • Check the eligibility criteria: The eligibility criteria for PhD programs at ISRO vary depending on the discipline. In general, you must have a Master's degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks. You must also have a valid score in the National Eligibility Test (NET) or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
  • Find a research guide: Once you have checked the eligibility criteria, you need to find a research guide who is willing to supervise your PhD research. You can find research guides by contacting the relevant departments at ISRO.
  • Apply for the PhD program: Once you have found a research guide, you can apply for the PhD program. The application process is usually online. You will need to submit your academic transcripts, a research proposal, and a letter of intent.
  • Interview: If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview. The interview will be conducted by a panel of experts in your field.
  • Selection: If you are successful in the interview, you will be offered a PhD position at ISRO.
The following are some of the benefits of doing a PhD at ISRO:
  • You will get to work on cutting-edge research projects in space technology.
  • You will be mentored by some of the best scientists and engineers in the country.
  • You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
  • You will be paid a stipend during your PhD studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?