26th May 2023, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

JEST exam for integrated M.Tech PhD program

Hi i am doing B.Tech in electronics and communication. Can i appear in JEST exam for integrated M.Tech, phd program. How do i prepare for it.

28th May 2023, 10:43 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: JEST exam for integrated M.Tech PhD program

The Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admission to the Integrated M.Tech. Ph.D. program in Physics and Theoretical Computer Science at various premier institutes in India. The exam is conducted by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) and is open to students from all over India.

The eligibility criteria for JEST are as follows:

* For the Integrated M.Tech. Ph.D. program in Physics:
* A bachelor's degree in Physics with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university
* A valid score in the JEST exam
* For the Integrated M.Tech. Ph.D. program in Theoretical Computer Science:
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university
* A valid score in the JEST exam

The JEST exam is a computer-based test and consists of two sections:

* Section I: Physics (100 questions, 2 hours)
* Section II: Mathematics (100 questions, 2 hours)

The questions in the JEST exam are of multiple-choice type and are based on the undergraduate syllabus of Physics and Mathematics.

The JEST exam is conducted twice a year, in June and December. The application process for JEST is online and the last date to apply is usually in April.
29th May 2023, 08:33 AM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

JEST exam for integrated M.Tech PhD program.

JEST is a screening test for admission to PhD and Int. PhD program of different participating institutes (see the list from JEST home page) in physics and theoretical computer science/neuroscience. The JEST examination is only conducted for two subjects: physics and theoretical computer science.
29th May 2023, 04:21 PM
Msdhoni02

JEST Exam:

1. You can qualify the JEST Eligibility by having M.Sc/M.E/M.Tech degree in Computer Science and related disciplines.

2. You are also expected to be interested in the Mathematical aspects of computer science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?