15th March 2022, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

May I follow a PHD in linguistics in India being a Sri Lankan?

I am working as a lecturer in English at Sri lanka and I ve completed MA in linguistics at the university of Kaleniya sri Lanka actually my basic degree is English specified in Literature means a 4 years degree from the university of Jaffna Sri lanka. Now I would like to do Phd in your university. I would be very happy if could help in this regard?

15th March 2022, 05:38 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: May I follow a PHD in linguistics in India being a Sri Lankan?

May I follow a PHD in linguistics in India being a Sri Lankan?

Aspiring students should have passed a Master's degree is required to gain admission to a doctoral program. In some subjects, doing a Masters in Philosophy (M. Phil.) is a prerequisite to start Ph.D.

The candidate should clear the common entrance exam conducted by the University for the Course.
15th March 2022, 06:15 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

The Government of India offers no.of scholarship every year to Sri Lankan students who wish to persue their studies in India.

Thus those who are interested in doing PhD from India can do so with the help of scholarship provided by the Government to such students.

Total of 180 scholarship are offered to Srilanka students.
Leading universities of India are participating in scholarship program.
19th March 2022, 02:37 AM
naznishad

As per the new regulations, any foreign PhD degree which is held equivalent to Indian doctorate degrees by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) will now be treated valid for exemption from the National Eligibility Test (NET) for appointment to the post of assistant professor in Indian universities and colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?