12th April 2016, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to qualify in UGC-NET to study PhD in Computer Science? Qualification required to get admission?

Hi Friends,
Kindly let me know what is the qualification required for doing PhD in Computer Science? And tell me that UGC-NET is must to qualify for admission?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission to study PhD in Computer Science? Qualification required to get admission?
  2. In which college I will get admission to study PhD in Computer Science if qualified in UGC-NET?
  3. Is it compulsory to appear in UGC-NET for doing PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  4. Ph.D course after completing MCA course? List of university and their date of entrance exam for Ph.D course?
  5. What should I do between higher studies and UGC NET after completing masters in computer science?
  6. What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Which UGC recognized universities I can register with?
  7. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  8. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  9. Can I become a Government College Lecturer having completed BCA and M.Sc. in IT?
  10. Can I get admission to study PhD after qualifying UGC-NET?
  11. Computer Science syllabus of UGC-NET? Suitable books for preparation?
  12. Computer Science books to prepare for UGC-NET?
  13. Study material to prepare for UGC NET exam in Computer Science Applications?
  14. Study material for Computer Science and Maths paper for UGC NET exam? Reference books for UGC NET exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Hindi if completed M.A.(Hindi) and B.Com?
  16. Study Material to prepare for UGC NET Exam in Computer Science and Maths? List of Reference Books to prepare for these subjects?
  17. Study Materials to prepare for UGC NET Exam in Computer Science?
  18. In which subject I should apply for PhD having qualified UGC-NET in Maths being a Computer Science teacher since 4 years?
14th April 2016, 08:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to qualify in UGC-NET to study PhD in Computer Science? Qualification required to get admission?

The minimum qualification required is Post Graduation degree with 55% marks. UGC NET qualified candidates are preferred by reputed universities for Ph.D admission. It is not compulsory.

If you have 5 years experience or M.Phil qualification then UGC NET is not required.
14th April 2016, 11:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to qualify in UGC-NET to study PhD in Computer Science? Qualification required to get admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Friends,
Kindly let me know what is the qualification required for doing PhD in Computer Science? And tell me that UGC-NET is must to qualify for admission?
Yes, UGC NET or GATE exam is essential for Ph.D course in Computer Science.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
15th April 2016, 09:16 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to do Ph.d in Computer Science :

<> You should have completed Masters( M.E/M.Tech ) from the recognized university.

<> You should have secured minimum 6 grade points out of 10.

<> And also you should have published any research paper in International Journal.

<> Or else the candidates who have an experience of minimum 2 years research can also apply for PH.D in Computer Science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?