20th September 2014, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

PhD admission for Library Information Science?

Sir,
I have 53.75% in MLISC in IGNOU, I want to do PHD in LIbrary Information science in your university. Please tell me Iam eligible for Phd and I am in service also. Please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Names of the universities offering Ph.D? I am interested in doing Ph.D in library and information science
  2. How to pursue M.Lib and information science from IGNOU with 57%? I would like to do Ph.D in library science
  3. Can I pursue Ph.d in Library Science after securing 60% in Master of Library Science?
  4. Universities offering Ph.d in library and information science and procedure of admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Where can I do Ph.D in Library Science?
  6. Which are the best books for NET preparation?
  7. Can I do M.Phil in chemistry from IGNOU through correspondence
  8. IGNOU Master of Library and Information Science-Preservation and Conservation of Library Materials Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. List of Ph.D guide in Library science and English?
  10. IGNOU, Master of Library and Information Science-Academic Library System Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Last date to apply for online and offline UGC NET Exam for Library and Information Science?
  12. How to do M.Phil in library science after doing M.Lib.ISC? Detailed information about the admission date? What is the fee structure?
  13. Part time PhD from IGNOU for M.Lib degree holder?
  14. Jobs in the field of library and information science? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Indian Statistical Institute MS in Library and Information Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Question papers with answers for Library and Information Science?
  17. Procedure to get admission for M.Phil in Library Science? List of Universities offering this course in Distance Learning?
  18. Can i become TGT or PGT computer science?
27th September 2014, 03:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD admission for Library Information Science?

Yes you can apply for Ph.D in Library Science, if you have done your Master's from IGNOU. There is no rule that distance degree is not fit for Ph.D admission. Any Master's degree from a recognized University can apply for Ph.D admission provided he/she satisfies the percentage criteria of that University. IGNOU is a recognized distance university and you shouldn't have any sort of problem for admission.

Normally those who are UGC NET qualified are preferred for Ph.D admission but for UGC NET 55% marks in required which you don't have and this is not a good point for you. If you belong to SC/ST category then you will be eligible for UGC NET with relaxation is marks which is 5%.

Non UGC NET qualifiers can also get admission in Ph.D but the quality of the university in which you will get admission will be questionable. Hence, if you are doing service then good for you and gain experience in your field. Most of the Universities give admission with a 50% marks criteria. Hence, you shouldn't have any problem.
4th November 2016, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for pre phd test inn IGNOU, while filling the form, I made a mistake. I wrote the date of completion of MLIB 2014, which is actually 2013 and also wrote the percentage of marks 72% which is actually 70.5%. Will my form be rejected if I clear the test? Please guide me.
4th December 2017, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

I want to do phd in library and information from kurukshetra University is the value of phd is similar to other govt regular University. When admission test?
19th June 2021, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Where to find last PhD question papers for library science from ignou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?