24th January 2019, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study PhD(English) for BCom final year student?

Hello friends, I am a Commerce student and presently studying BCom from MDS University. This is my final year. I want to do PhD in near future but in English subject. So, is it possible for me? Kindly tell me about this immediately.

31st January 2019, 09:29 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study PhD(English) for BCom final year student?

=> Ph.D. or D.Phil. English or Doctor of Philosophy in English is Doctorate degree English course.

=> For the admission of Doctor of Philosophy in English course, the candidate should have passed master degree in the relative subject from a recognized university.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in Doctor of Philosophy in English on the basis of B.Com course.

=> My suggestion to you is that, you should complete master degree course first then you should go for the Doctor of Philosophy in English course.
31st January 2019, 01:56 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

In order to study PhD(English), after completing BCom, you will need to have a master's degree in English, or in any other Humanities Background with English Medium from any recognized university. Minimum marks required in master's degree is 55% for General/OBC (5% relaxation in qualifying exam is given to SC/ST/PWD candidates). Also candidates have to appear and qualify the PhD entrance test conducted by respective university to be eligible to get admission into PhD program. Candidates who have qualified M.Phil. or UGC NET/JRF*are considered beneficial while admission. Such candidates may not need to appear for the entrance test.
31st January 2019, 02:09 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

In order to study PhD(English), after completing BCom, you will need to have a master's degree in English, or in any other Humanities Background with English Medium from any recognized university. Minimum marks required in master's degree is 55% for General/OBC (5% relaxation in qualifying exam is given to SC/ST/PWD candidates). Also candidates have to appear and qualify the PhD entrance test conducted by respective university to be eligible to get admission into PhD program. Candidates who have qualified M.Phil. or UGC NET/JRF*are considered beneficial while admission. Such candidates do not need to appear for the entrance test.
31st January 2019, 02:13 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is definitely possible In order to study PhD(English), after completing BCom, you will need to have a master's degree in English or in any other Humanities background with English Medium from any recognized university. Minimum marks required in master's degree is 55% for General/OBC (5% relaxation in qualifying exam is given to SC/ST/PWD candidates). You have to appear and qualify the PhD entrance test conducted by respective university to be eligible to get admission into PhD program. Candidates who have qualified M.Phil. or UGC NET/JRF are considered beneficial while admission. Such candidates are exempted to appear for the entrance test.

Last edited by ppsahu; 3rd February 2019 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Remove *
31st January 2019, 03:33 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Possibility to study PhD(English) are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed their Post-Graduation in that particular specialization from a recognized university.
Candidate must have to clear entrance examination to get admission.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in Post-Graduation.
No any particular age limit required.

After completing graduation you have to complete Post-Graduation in English if you have to pursue PhD in English.
You are eligible to pursue Master’s in any other stream also.
31st January 2019, 06:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that a graduate student is not eligible to pursue PhD in English because as per the minimum eligibility criteria, a candidate must hold Post Graduate degree in the relevant field in order to pursue Ph. D.

I would recommend you to pursue M. A. in English after completion of your B.Com if you want to pursue PhD in English.
1st February 2019, 11:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

B. Com final year student is not eligible to pursue PhD in English because as per the minimum eligibility criteria a candidate must have completed masters degree in English or equivalent examination from a recognised University with at least 55% marks.

So after completion of BCom course you will have to complete M. A. in English then only will be eligible to pursue PhD in English.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?