15th March 2022, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to continue PhD with same old GATE score?

I have got admission to ME(PED) through GATE 2011 SCORE.My course will end in 2013.My gate score card validity is till march 2013.Can u say it is necessary for me to appear again this year for gate2012 exam to Join PHD in june2013 or can i use my same GATE 2011 score card....kindly mail me the details to my mail id : [email protected]

15th March 2022, 01:16 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to continue PhD with same old GATE score?

°°° Your GATE score is valid for 3 years. So, consider this lets say you have appeared for GATE in 2017 then your score card will be valid from 2017 to 2020.
For pursuing PhD, there is no such hard and fast rule that the candidate should have GATE score as some universities ask for GATE score and some don't so accordingly you can take the required step.
15th March 2022, 04:31 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about getting admission in PhD admission now on the basis of your GATE score of GATE 2011, then it is highly unlikely as the validity if GATE score for Postgraduate or PhD admissions is usually three years only from the date of result announcement.

So, if you are interested in getting admission in PhD course in an institute which offers admission on the basis of GATE score then in that case you need to appear in GATE again to have a valid GATE scorecard unless the institute offers admission through some other examination.
15th March 2022, 06:18 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

GATE score card is valid for 3 years. Till 3 years it can be used without any issue.

And it can be used again and again till the time it's valid.
15th March 2022, 06:20 PM
periwinkle09876

The validity of GATE scorecard is only up to 3 years.
For an instance, if you qualified your GATE in May 2013 then, it will be eligible till May 2016.
In my opinion, you should reappear in the GATE examination so that you can get it mission without any difficulty.
15th March 2022, 07:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- Generally, what happened you don't need to qualify GATE examination separately again for PhD as you can use your old scorecard but you have to face the written test followed by interview or just an interview to pursue PHD.
The validity of GATE score card is three years from the date of issue but most of the university is considered the old GATE score card but if you want to work here then I would suggest you to reappear.
16th March 2022, 10:50 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to continue PhD with the same old GATE score. Your GATE score is valid for three years and it is taken as a valid qualification when you apply for your PhD after two years of your Master's degree. GATE is compulsory for admission to ME/MTech at IITs, for PhD there is no such hard and fast rule. At some IITs, all you need is a Master's degree while at some places you might need both a valid GATE score as well a Master's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?