21st January 2019, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

Requirements to study PhD(English) in Jammu University?

Hello everyone, I am looking forward to do PhD program in English specialization from Jammu University. I would like to know about the requirements for securing admission in this university for this PhD program. Kindly let me know immediately.

26th January 2019, 10:10 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to study PhD(English) in Jammu University?

Requirements to study PhD(English) in Jammu University:

You must have passed M.Phil or Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST) from a recognized university.
You must have qualified respective departmental test.
Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF) or UGC-CSIR (including JRF) qualified or NET/ SET/ SLET or GATE qualified with 80 percentile/ Teachers Fellowship holders are exempted from the written test.

Last edited by ppsahu; 28th January 2019 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Remove *
27th January 2019, 10:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to study PhD(English) in Jammu University?

Candidate shall be eligible for enrolment to PhD in English program, if he or she has obtained master degree, with not less than 55% marks in aggregate and relaxation of 5% in percentage is given to reserved category students in the program in which he or she desires to work for Ph. D.

You will have to appear in the entrance test that is Combined Entrance Test. Candidate shall be required to obtain minimum 50% marks in the entrance test that shall be considered as the eligibility for further processing of the case of the candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?