7th February 2014, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Research centres in India and criteria for enrollment in PhD?

I am M.Tech last yr student.I want to do phd in renewable energy. May i know about these research centers in India and criteria for enrollment in phd in that centers?Is gate score card is necessary for phd in good institutes?

Related Questions:
4th March 2014, 08:57 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Research centres in India and criteria for enrollment in PhD?

Basically choosing the Research center is a very difficult task and it depends on the various factors.You must be able to fight for the problems arises and you must have good technical knowledge with high standards.Generally the research may take up to 5 years.At any case,you try to go for your Ph.D and research in Full time course to get good knowledge and you can satisfy finally with the work that you perform.
You may go for the various best research centers are such as,

→ Jawaharlal Nehru University
→ Indian Statistical Institute kolkata
→ Indian Institute of Technologies(IIT’s)
→ Indian Institute of Sciences(IISc)
→ Indian Institute of Science Education and Research,Pune
→ CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute,Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
→ Hyderabad Central University
→ Chennai Mathematical Institute
→ Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and more.

Of course there are some other CSIR research agencies in India which offers Ph.D and Research oriented activities for the candidates.Some other colleges based on the research index are College of Engineering,Anna university;Cochin University of Science and technology;IIT Guwahati,Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Delhi college of Engineering,Maulana Azad NIT,PSG College of Technology and more.Always be specific on the area of research ,the topics that you wish to do.If o you may even find a better results from your research field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?