7th February 2014, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Scope of PhD in Microbiology? Career options available?

what is the scope after PhD? is microbiology an upcoming field in PhD? what would be the carrier options after that?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  2. What career option should I opt after completion of my B.Sc(In Microbiology)? Should I pursue M.Sc in microbiology?
  3. Career in Microbiology?
  4. Is it a good option to opt for Psychology instead of Maths? Career options after B.Sc. Microbiology?
  5. What are the career options available after MSc Microbiology in government sector?
  6. What to do if I am not selected for MBBS course? Which option should I choose between Biotech, Microbiology and LLB? Which has a better scope in India?
  7. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd?
  8. How can I clear Bank PO exam? I have done graduation and MBA from PTU
  9. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for Ph.D(Physics) students? What will be the pay scale in that career? Do girls have good scope in it?
  10. Career Options after completion of B.Sc in Microbiology?
  11. How to opt for BSc Life Science after completing intermediate with 90%
  12. Career options after M.Sc apart from teaching? Can i apply for Ph.D? Options in government and private sector?
  13. Institutes and admission procedure for PhD in Microbiology?
  14. Best courses for intermediate BIPC students in Degree Level? Names of the colleges?
  15. Best Colleges in India to do Ph.d in Microbiology? What will be the career scope for me after completion of this course?
  16. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology?
  17. What will be the career scope in the field of Microbiology? Information regarding Career Opportunities in this field?
  18. Scope MSc in microbiology? is biotechnology much better than microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
9th February 2014, 05:10 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of PhD in Microbiology? Career options available?

The career opportunities available for aspirants in the field of microbiology are on the rise currently. It is one of the most demanded fields in the economy with a lot of applications in various areas.

The career opportunities available for Microbiologists are quite ample these days. It is possible for them to find jobs with areas such as research organizations, research labs of hospitals of private and public sectors, pharmaceutical firms and chemical industries etc. One thing that makes the job opportunities in the arena of microbiology so ample is due to the many similarities between microbiology and biotechnology.

The increase in awareness about taking care of the environment, finding cure for diseases such as Cancer, heart diseases and AIDS etc has increased the demand of professionals in this field. Many firms try to produce cures and find different methods of treatment for these ailments. Due to this, career opportunities are becoming available in plenty. Aspirants also have the option to get employed as a science writer. They can answer questions or write articles.

The major recruiters are:-
1. Accutest Research Laboratories (I) Pvt. Ltd.
2. Ace Biomed Pvt. Ltd.
3. Actimus Biosciences Pvt. Ltd
4. Apothecaries Ltd.
5. Asian Clinical Trials Limited
6. Aurigene Discovery Technologies
7. Avra Laboratories
8. Bharat Biotech International Ltd.
9. BioArc Research Solutions
10. Bioserve Clinical Research Pvt. Ltd
11. Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited
12. Chembiotek Research International
13. Clinigene
14. Clininvent Research Pvt. Ltd
15. ClinTec International
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?